Need help turboing slang six

-

Brandnuts

Reaction score
I have a 1964 Dodge Dart 225 automatic completely stock. I want to turbo it, what all would i need to turbo it without issues ?

In addition to what they said is .......TIME,DRIVE, and YOUTH.
Some of these projects just never get finished. And the work is a lot easier when you are young and do not yet have a spare tire constantly in the way of things.
Happy HotRodding

Adding any power adder is far more than just bolting on and adding boost? What is the goal? Sleeper? Turbo is best option for most power per cubic inch. But it's more complex too. Please feel free to express goal? We can get weird too? What are you thinking?

draw through turbo is about the easiest you can do. No carb mods (just a bigger one and maybe a bigger fuel feed) as its not pressurized: imagine a carb (a nice side draft!) attached to a turbos inlet, thats about all you need along with the piping for a mild sub 9psi build. Some minor distributor curve work.

Adding any power adder is far more than just bolting on and adding boost? What is the goal? Sleeper? Turbo is best option for most power per cubic inch. But it's more complex too. Please feel free to express goal? We can get weird too? What are you thinking?
No it’s not gonna be a sleeper, I wanted to add horsepower, gas Milage isn’t so important though it would be nice to maintain good gas lol

draw through turbo is about the easiest you can do. No carb mods (just a bigger one and maybe a bigger fuel feed) as its not pressurized: imagine a carb (a nice side draft!) attached to a turbos inlet, thats about all you need along with the piping for a mild sub 9psi build. Some minor distributor curve work.
Any suggestions on a turbo?

Any suggestions on a turbo?
I've got an aftermarket rare alloy intake manifold that could be adapted for a Turbo & would leave plenty of room for the Turbo housings & their associated plumbing (it's side draft)
PM me IF seriously interested.

I've got an aftermarket rare alloy intake manifold that could be adapted for a Turbo & would leave plenty of room for the Turbo housings & their associated plumbing (it's side draft)
PM me IF seriously interested.
Pictures? (Just curious of all the intake manifold options. I've been thinking of building my own.)

Is it a Manx?
lynx.jpg

Pictures? (Just curious of all the intake manifold options. I've been thinking of building my own.)
Gee Mum...look at !... Besides No hands, I just Turned into a Ventriloquist (Above) too...
Yeah I can PM you some pics & its Not a Knock-off : its from the Original Manufacturer (Whom had Weiand Cast them up for them)...
Easiest thing to do would be to crawl the boneyards for a Nissan RB30 l6 Turbo setup 3.0L 6cyl Jap engine & swap the major components over, it'll spool up quicker with the extra Volume of your Exhaust at comparable lower revs 3.7 liters as against 3.0 (186ci approx) get the turbo oil line/s & keep everything else that's a buy-in to a cost effective minimum... Std mech Cams already have a little bit more Inlet Cam duration, which is what you want, but Bruce (Crower) , Isky & few various others had a couple of turbo Cam grinds, they could regrind for you. Start off with a 2" SU or Zenith-Stromberg SU Big 1bbl (easier to manifold & throttle hookup) start small & conservative & build from there - even if the oil seals are gone in the turbo, if it spins freely it'll work enough to trial & build from there.
The old Paxton kit Blowers used to advertise I think double 225ci Horsepower for their high boost drag version.
Its all a component matching exercise: don't rush out & buy the 1st cheap turbo you see on Feebay.
Cheers. Trev

IMG_20190326_225654.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back