need new battery

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
$155 shipped for new optima red top 800 cold c.amps . anyone know of a better deal ? :banghead:

OPTIMA® Batteries 8016-103 D34M BLUETOP®

is what im using. Good cranking amps and good reserve.:burnout:MT

$155 seems to be a good price. Local Auto Zone wants $227. Remember when they were $99 ? I do.

Must be my age, but I remember selling Batteries for $29.95 back in the day !! LOL

I went straight to Interstate and bought a blem. Not a distributor but the Interstate Center. If you have one in the area. Blems are probably last years discontinued batteries with minimal warranties. There's nothing wrong with them. 750 Amps for $50.00 with a core.

I went straight to Interstate and bought a blem. Not a distributor but the Interstate Center. If you have one in the area. Blems are probably last years discontinued batteries with minimal warranties. There's nothing wrong with them. 750 Amps for $50.00 with a core.

mitch, u can`t be that old! I ain`t even ! I don`t think I`ve ever seen a big car battery that cheap, and I been to a one legged man *** kickin in arkasas !--lol thanks guys

Costco....Kirkland brand. Great batteries at a fraction of the cost. They also have the best
warranty/return policy.

Did you know most batteries are made by Johnson Controls ?
Look it up.

Costco....Kirkland brand. Great batteries at a fraction of the cost. They also have the best
warranty/return policy.

Did you know most batteries are made by Johnson Controls ?
Look it up.

Agreed. Still trying to determine which Costco / Kirkland battery model fits properly for my 1971 340 Duster? BTW Costcos in my area now seem to be selling Interstates for about $80 or so for most cars ....

Which one properly fits my 71 340 Duster? Type 24 is what the factory used, but those never seem to be in stock or available at Costco.

Just askin.........but why on he world do you need so many cold cranking amps? The general rule is one CCA pre cubic inch.

That said, I think all the fluff about the Optima is just that. Fluff. I say get an Interstate that's NOT maintenance free. That way you can add water and or electrolyte.

Just askin.........but why on he world do you need so many cold cranking amps? The general rule is one CCA pre cubic inch.

That said, I think all the fluff about the Optima is just that. Fluff. I say get an Interstate that's NOT maintenance free. That way you can add water and or electrolyte.

hey, I never knew that about the CUI
I wonder if that's why the battery that came in my 225 duster didn't always want to crank the 360 (and now 408) I got in there

IMO Reserve capacity is key. That is why I use blue top. And of course Cranking amps. Nice to play my kick *** sound system all day and still be able to start engine to get home.
:burnout:MT

Sears DieHard Platinum batteries are relabeled Odyssey batteries, but cheaper. Even so, it's best to try to catch them on sale. But I have them in my dually and race car as well. I dislike the lead/acid batteries because of the corrosion issues.

-
Back