Need New Door/Ignition locks with keys for 65 Dart

-

zephyr

Reaction score
I'd like to replace mine with new ones. Anyone know who carries them? I understand they are different in 66+.

New locks for the pre-'66 cars are difficult and costly. You can upgrade to the easy-and-cheap-to-buy '66-up locks without much difficulty; see thread here.

Can I have a locksmith re-key my door locks to my ignition? Or are the 65s a pain to change? Right now my doors are different from my Ign and my drivers door lock is stuck/not working.

A reputable locksmith can easily rekey and repair your locks to match. When I have gotten cars with no keys in the past, I always took the door lock from the passenger side because it was less likely to be worn out. I will have to do the same soon with my 65 Barracuda.

I am using 66 2 door sedan door (with the 66-later locks) on my 65 wagon. The power window tailgate assembly is from a 65 wagon and my steering column is from an 80 Dodge Mirada. Had the locksmith change the door and tailgate locks to match the Mirada’s ignition key so everything works from 1 key.

I just did this last week on my '65 Barracuda. I brought my locks and ignition switch to a local locksmith here in Portland. The cheapest, easiest way to go was to make a new key for the door locks and then re-key the ignition switch to the new key. That way he only had to re-key one lock total instead of all three.

Cost $75 and took 24 hours. Now after fifteen years I can finally lock my doors.

I just did this last week on my '65 Barracuda. I brought my locks and ignition switch to a local locksmith here in Portland. The cheapest, easiest way to go was to make a new key for the door locks and then re-key the ignition switch to the new key. That way he only had to re-key one lock total instead of all three.

Cost $75 and took 24 hours. Now after fifteen years I can finally lock my doors.

Thought I would 'hi-jack' this thread since it's pretty much settled. I am in similar situation with worn-out ignition tumblers but both door locks fine (1969 Signet). I am contemplating replacing all 3. I see ign. lock available and (pair) door locks available - but not as a combo (all 3 with one key). Any sources anyone knows of?
Yes, I can re-key (new) ign. to match (new) door locks but just thinking of a matter of convenience. thanks.

Thought I would 'hi-jack' this thread since it's pretty much settled. I am in similar situation with worn-out ignition tumblers but both door locks fine (1969 Signet). I am contemplating replacing all 3. I see ign. lock available and (pair) door locks available - but not as a combo (all 3 with one key). Any sources anyone knows of?
Yes, I can re-key (new) ign. to match (new) door locks but just thinking of a matter of convenience. thanks.

More Information for WVE/AIRTEX/WELLS 4H1715 these should work no?

-
Back