Need pictures of 15 x 8" Cragars on 67-69 Dart

-

duster360

Reaction score
Anyone running 15 x 8 Cragars on the rear of your 67-69 Dart. Any mods done to make them fit? What tire size also? Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Are you looking for small bolt pattern or large bolt pattern fitment? 245-255 is about as wide as you can get with the right offset and a minor roll of the inner fender and that's iffy given the wall height, suspension sag, rear sway bar, and ride height in the rear.

Large bolt pattern. The 15" x 8" Cragars have 4 1/4" backspace. I am going to shorten the axle housing a little and use some dr diff 1/2" offset leaf spring hangers. I have 245/60 coopers at the moment mounted on 7" cragars with 4 1/8" backspace. Don't want to buy the 8" wheels and they not fit. I will stick with the 7" if I have too. I would like the 8" so the 245/60 tire will flatten out the tread a little. I am hoping for some pictures and insight.

This site it a huge help for situations like this:

Will They Fit - Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator

Below is an estimate based on what you said for size and backspace(I calulated the offset).

upload_2018-2-19_8-12-15.png

Last edited:
Are you looking for small bolt pattern or large bolt pattern fitment? 245-255 is about as wide as you can get with the right offset and a minor roll of the inner fender and that's iffy given the wall height, suspension sag, rear sway bar, and ride height in the rear.

I think we're looking at a yes/no question here. Will a 15x8" wheel fit? Absolutely. A stock Demon will be able to fit 15x8 wheels in the rear.

Not Cragars...but these are 15x8,+10mm offset with the (at the time) 7.25" axle which is just a bit narrower than a stock Abody 8.75". Tires are 255/60s

May-2017 Dart with Rota RKR - small2.jpg

I think we're looking at a yes/no question here. Will a 15x8" wheel fit? Absolutely. A stock Demon will be able to fit 15x8 wheels in the rear.

Not Cragars...but these are 15x8,+10mm offset with the (at the time) 7.25" axle which is just a bit narrower than a stock Abody 8.75". Tires are 255/60s

View attachment 1715147305

67-69 Dart rear quarter panels are quite different that the other A-bodys. They hand low and are not fully open like your Demon. See my car below. FYI it has 17x8 with 245/45/17's. I had to get a custom offset, as I have an A-body 8-3/4 with BBP axles. Even with that combo its tight.

GTS.png

Last edited:
Thought I would revive this thread and see if anyone else has nay info and pictures.

-
Back