Need recommendations for car transport

-

azaustin

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need to ship a car I bought from Richmond, Virginia, to Lake Havasu City, Arizona. Does anyone have a company or service they’d recommend?

I need to ship a car I bought from Richmond, Virginia, to Lake Havasu City, Arizona. Does anyone have a company or service they’d recommend?

Google it , be prepared for the onslaught !!

I did. Not too bad so far. Just wondered if anyone had a company they recommended. I want to ship it in an enclosed truck, looks like about $1800-2100 so far.

I shipped one a couple of years ago. Unless you go with someone who has thier own trucks, it is all the same. They post it on a message board and an independent trucker picks it up and delivers it.

Over on The Hamb there is or was a guy named Ben who does that. I got him to bring the cab for my rat rod truck From Nebraska to Georgia. It was cheap, too because he did it when he was already coming this way. Super nice and trustworthy guy. I believe his screen name is BenD

I ended up with a different solution but if I was to do this, I would use Reliable Transport. Like others have said, usually these type of requests end up with a myriad of companies vying for your business but recognize it will get combined with any other cars going to various places. So yours may be shuttled on and off the carrier as the others are delivered. In my case, I got a car in Texas and needed it shipped across the country. After getting various quotes from trucking companies, the PO offered to deliver it in his enclosed trailer and I paid him what I would have paid a trucking company. Good deal for him and me as I bought other parts with the car that would not have been easily shipped inside the car. Reliable was by FAR the carrier of choice when I finished up my quotes/investigation and I know they ship many, many cars for the OEMs all over the country. My 2 cents....

Thanks, I will look them up. I’m not concerned about cost as much as getting my car home undamaged.

I ended up with a different solution but if I was to do this, I would use Reliable Transport. Like others have said, usually these type of requests end up with a myriad of companies vying for your business but recognize it will get combined with any other cars going to various places. So yours may be shuttled on and off the carrier as the others are delivered. In my case, I got a car in Texas and needed it shipped across the country. After getting various quotes from trucking companies, the PO offered to deliver it in his enclosed trailer and I paid him what I would have paid a trucking company. Good deal for him and me as I bought other parts with the car that would not have been easily shipped inside the car. Reliable was by FAR the carrier of choice when I finished up my quotes/investigation and I know they ship many, many cars for the OEMs all over the country. My 2 cents....

Sorry about the double post....
I share your sentiment EXACTLY on getting your car home. Check them out and see for yourself.

Do you have contact info.

Google it , be prepared for the onslaught !!
Bob I used AAA Logistics to ship a car from Kingman AZ to Lake of the Ozarks MO
Fair price, insured, fast prompt delivery, professional no complaints.

Mike Clifford transportation has both open and closed transports . He's based in Florida but goes nationwide . He also races a '66 'cuda . Great guy . If interested IM me and I'll give you his phone #.

-
Back