Need Sequence Number Education

-

'64 Cuda

Reaction score
I plugged the VINs for a couple of cars I have into the VIN Decoder & these are the two sequence numbers I got;

These have something to do with the 10,000 day calendar, right? How do I determine the build dates from these? I looked in the tech archives & couldn't find the answer, but I might have missed it. Both cars are 1964 Barracudas.

I could be off here, but my understanding is that the sequence# has to do with the vehicle's position on the assembly line, whereas the VIN # has normally to do with the order the particular car is ordered. The VIN # could vary to indicate a special order run. For ex., my 69 has a VIN of 292092, which is not actually the "order" in which it was ordered :))), but the 292 indicated it was a "special order" car. In my registry on this car, even if the next car is one VIN# higher, the Sequence# can be more than one higher.

Grant

Uuuuhhhhh.......... OK. So is there any way to determine the build dates on these two cars? I can tell by looking at the cars that the second one I listed was built later than the first one.

-
Back