Need some cheap A/C for your garage for the summer?

-

Frankie

Member #9641
Reaction score
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITtlxjvLQis"]Homemade air conditioner DIY - Awesome Air Cooler! - EASY Instructions - can be solar powered! - YouTube[/ame]

There are a few different ones similar, some using 5 gallon buckets, with Styrofoam liners. based on the same methods used here.

I plan to make one for my shop. It'll be a nice addition for hot days, especially under the car.

Wow, its an amazing idea and a great concept as well. One can easily made this at home also. It is useful everywhere, easy to carry also. I am very happy that get more info about this here.

Now if I just had a garage to go with it. :D

With a slight redesign you can make a portable swamp cooler like that.
Seen then before.

Now if I just had a garage to go with it. :D

With a slight redesign you can make a portable swamp cooler like that.
Seen then before.

I will cut you out an acre. Come on out.

I did something very much like that but on a much bigger scale, worked OK for what it was except..........metal in the shop started to corrode, put tooo much moisture in the air I guess was the scientific explanation.

Pretty cool,Frankster. Ironic everyone posting here,livexin high temp \humidity.

How much energy do you use to freeze the water compared to just getting a small AC unit?

Some areas have far too much humidity from the start. My play place is in my basement ( I don't play no more ). I snagged a used 18000 btu window unit for 60 and hung it in the wall. That and the dehumidifier combined, jack up power bills. I'll never need a new roof on my play place though.

a West Tx. low humidity deal!??????

I have a small home, we live in 1000 of it. a $300 window air cools that on hottest day, and adds here maybe $15 a mo to electric bill. not run all the time, just after lunch and nights when its too hot.

point is in an insulated garage, it would no doubt cool 1500-2000 sq ft real cheap!!!!!!!

-
Back