Need some deep tec help, Thank you

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
When I go to look for a 1966 67 auto trans (I have a couple to look at tomorrow ) what cast numbers am I looking for ?

For instance this trans is for sale and has cast numbers on it, where would I find the reference numbers I need for my 66 170/6 engine ?
I do know I need a 18 spline out put shaft from the info I got from Charrlie_S'es friend.

Here is the for instance you can look at and this will help me tremendously as I hunt one down.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-SLANT...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c3488a0dc&vxp=mtr

I know I can be a pain but I have looked and looked with out any help before I bothered you all here. Thank you very much :glasses7: Mike..

Mike,
most will be numbered PKxxxxxxx xxxx xxxx
PK is the factory PK= Kokomo
first 6 XXXXXXX = Part number
next 4 XXXX = 10k date code - 1465 - 1829 is 66, 1830 - 2194 is 67
last 4 XXXX = number built that day

print this out might be easiest to take with you.
[ame]http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/transguide.pdf[/ame]

mike are you looking for a 1966 or 1967 small register stuff-- so you can convert the driveline? I might have one in my shed-- will have to check-- I have a 63 push button style -- so
I will compare converters to each other ,Lawrence

I still have the 1 in my 67 valiant I'm parting out. That auction you posted says "for parts/not working" for $195 or bo,make him a $50 offer if it's the right trans and have it rebuilt OR you can take the motor and trans set up from the car I'm stripping. I will include everything,from rad to tail shaft.air cleaner to pan for $200 but you will need a truck to come get it :)

Attachments

• Picture 1569.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 118
Mike,
most will be numbered PKxxxxxxx xxxx xxxx
PK is the factory PK= Kokomo
first 6 XXXXXXX = Part number
next 4 XXXX = 10k date code - 1465 - 1829 is 66, 1830 - 2194 is 67
last 4 XXXX = number built that day

print this out might be easiest to take with you.
http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/transguide.pdf

I will thank you, Rocky :cheers: Thank you VERY much for your time :D

mike are you looking for a 1966 or 1967 small register stuff-- so you can convert the driveline? I might have one in my shed-- will have to check-- I have a 63 push button style -- so
I will compare converters to each other ,Lawrence

This is something I have got to do if I .... No make that So I can continue enjoying her on the road more, let me see what I find 12 miles away, and we will see what Wednesday brings , Thank you VDAART. :cheers:

I still have the 1 in my 67 valiant I'm parting out. That auction you posted says "for parts/not working" for $195 or bo,make him a $50 offer if it's the right trans and have it rebuilt OR you can take the motor and trans set up from the car I'm stripping. I will include everything,from rad to tail shaft.air cleaner to pan for $200 but you will need a truck to come get it :)
The truck and cost of driving up there has my head spinning, I am still waiting on hearing from my brother in Dekator Ill.
That is a super deal and wish I was about 300 miles closer, I figured gas and time and it's getting expensive, I may have to just drive my wife car and see if you would separate the trans Sedanman, Are you going after it this weekend ? . Yes I will snag one up here and have it rebuilt if it's the right trans, I will keep you updated, don't let me hold you up on a sale, that is a great drive line and /6 you found :thumbrig:

Mike it may have just been a mis-type but I noticed you said your looking for a 18 spline OUTPUT shaft. That should be a 18 spline INPUT shaft.

BTW: didn't know you had a brother in Decatur. That's only about 75 miles from me

Mike it may have just been a mis-type but I noticed you said your looking for a 18 spline OUTPUT shaft. That should be a 18 spline INPUT shaft.

BTW: didn't know you had a brother in Decatur. That's only about 75 miles from me
It was :eek:ops: You are correct, but now I will be keeping the three on the tree and opt for A/C and do the trans down the road :thumblef:

-
Back