Need some help 1965 barracuda fuel tank

-

alexr1905

Reaction score
Hi guys/gals, I have a 1965 barracuda I'm trying to install a new factory style tank( the previous owner put a keg tank in the trunk) and I bought the tank but when I'm looking at straps companies are selling single straps and dual strap kits. I dodny want to sound stupid here but if someone could post some pics of their tank and straps that would help me huge. Also if you could include where they bolt to the body. Thanks for the help

I don't have a picture, but I'm pretty any a-body tank strap will work.

Stock is a single strap on a 65 Barracuda. 65'
Plymouth usually used one strap across the tank connected to the frame rails. Dodge used 2 straps lengthwise.
I have this one from a 65 Valiant wagon. If you're interested in the strap, PM me.

DSCN0274.JPG

Lee R. is correct. 64-5-6 A bodies used one strap from side to side. 67 did also but the 67 straps wont fit (to long). Check your frame rails underneath, you should be able to see where the "T" on the strap fits in the rail. Opposite that is where the "J" hook goes. You need "one strap" for an early A, and one "J" hook.
Don't forget the insulator pad/mat, that goes between the tank, and the floor board. You can make one from a home door mat.
Lee's strap looks correct.
Dave

Thanks for the help that explains the dual strap vs single strap kits

Here is a page out of the parts book, not a real good picture but it shows 1 strap. I have a 64 and I don't remember 1 strap, it's all gone now and have a fuel cell

img397.jpg

-
Back