Need some help... new TTI exhaust wont fit

-

Wvbuzzmaster

Reaction score
Need a little help. Not sure what is going on but my new TTI exhaust will not fit. Bought the 67-76 A body 2.5” full exhaust with H pipe. This is coupling to their small block shorty headers and extension pipes. My first issue is the intermediate H pipes run into the floor.... not good... and then the second issue is the muffler hanger clamp that bolts to the seat belt bolt is the wrong angle and not far enough back. If I place it on the pipe and hold it up it would be perfect if there was a hole on the floor on the move vertical wall of the floor...

this car 1972 Duster has had quarters repaired but could there be something else going on....

EF83C9AF-A9D9-4CD4-B511-B501ECB3E3D2.jpeg

I have read posts from others regarding the hangers, it seems that they are E body ones, and the fix is to bend the tabs in a bench vise. I can't help with the head pipe issue, I never used the shorty headers. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

TTI products are starting to be ducked up!!

I've got the same set up for my 70 Duster, but it has the X pipe. It's not installed yet, it'll probably be another few months until it is. Please post more pics and your solutions. I'll compare your results to mine.

Im going to remake the midpipes.... including adding flanges to the header extension pipe connection. And try to locate holes to drill on the floor pan to use the muffler hangers

My TTIs did NOT bolt to the seat-belt plates.
There was a proper hanger already on the one side, and I bought a matching hanger for the other side, from Year-one I think. As you said; further back and higher.
Get the pipes hung from back to front with the mufflers
before you start cutting stuff.
The pipes I bought were for the same as yours and they fit on the 111wb cars as is, mostly. But on the 108wb cars you have to cut to fit. I had to cut about 8 inches off the front to fit the TTI longtubes on my 68 Barracuda. Mine looked sorta like this
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSktS0kVq5yRL2Uzdco8weZMvyohvpXVb8ELg&usqp=CAU.jpg

or this
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0vmrVEN1UYZ9sqvXOy2REOyZQ13O_Pi4Fog&usqp=CAU.jpg

Last edited:
I recently installed a full TTI exhaust in to a 69 Barracuda. I had the same issue as many with the rear hanger bracket. I did a little heating and bending to fix that. Had to make a few cuts to shorten some pieces. In the end it all fit very well.

My TTIs did NOT bolt to the seat-belt plates.
There was a proper hanger already on the one side, and I bought a matching hanger for the other side, from Year-one I think. As you said; further back and higher.
Get the pipes hung from back to front with the mufflers
before you start cutting stuff.
The pipes I bought were for the same as yours and they fit on the 111wb cars as is, mostly. But on the 108wb cars you have to cut to fit. I had to cut about 8 inches off the front to fit the TTI longtubes on my 68 Barracuda. Mine looked sorta like this
View attachment 1715760340

or this
View attachment 1715760338

This^^^^
You are bolting the exhaust system to the seat belt anchor plate. Need to get the proper mount from year one that mirrors the right side of the car.
1966-74 A B E-Body Muffler Support Bracket 1967 1974 A B... (yearone.com)

....here you go, TTI has them for $32!
Accessories (ttiexhaust.com)

Last edited:
Sounds like maybe the H pipe is upside down?

If the H pipe is hitting the floor, that would be my first guess. OP needs to flip it and try that way.

Also - agree with having to shorten the H pipe for 108 inch A bodies - i.e. 67-69 Barracudas, Dusters, Demons and Dart Sports and 67-76 Valiants except Dart-based Scamps. Darts had a 111 inch wheelbase (except for Duster-based Demons and Dart Sports - clear as mud, right?).

Also - absolutely agree with those who suggest that the seat belt bolt is not where you hook the muffler hanger. I put TTI step headers and a 2.5 inch X-pipe exhaust in my 67 Barracuda and once I shortened (cut) the X pipe at the muffler end it all fit perfectly. But I already had installed a reproduction of the factory style passenger side muffler hanger bracket (car has had dual exhaust since 1991). As I recall, even though this was originally a six cylinder car, there were indentations stamped into the passenger side floor for locating the bolts for the passenger side hanger bracket. Just drill the holes, bolt up the bracket and go.

DSCF0068.jpg

PS - I've put a new bumper, new shocks and larger rear tires on it since I took this picture.

Last edited:
Accurate exhaust sells that bracket that AJ mentioned. I have seen them somewhere else but can not remember where.

-
Back