Need some help with Exhust system.

-

Elís Máni

Reaction score
So i have a 1973 Duster that has a 78 360 motor. Has been rebuil before but i dont know what has been done to it. Anyway. I need to changed the headers on it because they are rusty and i know of 2 holes on it.
But worst is that they hit some part of the steering mechanism (not sure what) therefor i think that they are not correct headers for a duster.
I wish to just change the whole exhust syster while im at it so i will need some new mufflers i wanted to get some recomendations from you guys on here. agressive but not so bad i cant have a conversation in it.

So in short i wish to get some recomendations for new and correct headers (or maybe just go with an exhust manifold?) and mufflers. X or H pipe?
THANK YOU
-Elis

Ps. Sorry for long post and bad english.

The two I hear the best things about are TTI and Accurate Exhaust. I know TTI makes H and X pipe kits that can be bought to run with stock manifolds, or with their headers. I don't know much about Accurate, other than a lot of people seem to recommend them.

fitment and price go hand in hand
the more expensive headers (dougs and TTI) fit the best, but are 3 times as much as the cheaper ones

X pipe unless you have a GVOD or a transmission that doesn't allow the x pipe, then go H

I'd run TTI's full system, headers back

The best aftermarket exhaust IMO is TTI from header to tail pipe.
I also like the Summit racing exhaust. But not there headers. Thee the typical garbage fitting headers you have now with 3 pipes under the steering linkage.
Doug’s headers would be header choice #2.

An X pipe is ever so slightly whiter than an H pipe.
A reasonably quite muffler is the DynoMax super turbo.

For stock, Accurate Exhaust is excellent.

-
Back