Need some help with Handbrake (Australian Valiant)

-

andy007007

Reaction score
I have had to delete the underdash handbrake from my Duster as it interfered with my pedal box. I am looking at possibly using the set-up from a VM -CL Valiant (aus) where it mounted beside the seat. I would appreciate if some one could take a couple of photos of how it sits in the car and how the lines run under the car to where it attaches to the main cable to the rear brakes. I do have the Handbrake from a Holden HQ (Aus) which may work with a little fabrication, though i would prefer to keep it Mopar

many thanks in advance for anyone that can help

Hey Andy interested to know if you found a solution? I need to move it as I have changed it to 4 speed and it would make hill starts so much easer......thanks Kev

i have one from a vh valiant mocked in place and it will work - just not 100% happy with it - mount was pretty much just a piece of angle - what i'm not happy with is when you pull it on it flops back down - but not enough for my corbeau seats so you have to lift your *** up and over the top of it
I looked at an HQ one as well which drops back down but didn't like the way the cable set up was with the wheel underneath. Am thinking I will probably replace with one from a |Jag as they drop back down when applied - Other options i thought of was trying to get the foot operated one from 76 duster (it would have more than likely just been from a dodge truck as they seem more plentiful) but same reason as you I wanted the assistance for hill starts, and because our laws/regulations say we have to have an e brake

hope that helps

Hey Andy interested to know if you found a solution? I need to move it as I have changed it to 4 speed and it would make hill starts so much easer......thanks Kev

Line lock, roll control, whatever you want to call it.
It makes hill starts a breeze.

-
Back