Need some slant/6 bits.....

-

olddaddy

Reaction score
So, full disclosure my car is a 50 Plymouth Suburban with a Volare clip and Slant/6 drivetrain....not an A body. There is a 70 Dart in the woodshed sometime in the future, but this car is next in line.

I need some slant/6 bits. I need a two groove crank pulley and 2 groove water pump pulley. Prefer just a two groove pulley, but a dampener and pulley would work ok.

I tried the old slant/6.org forum, but cannot log in or recover my account. There is no way to reach anyone there to help.

Any help here greatly appreciated.

IMG_5343.JPG

IMG_5347.JPG

IMG_5935.JPG

I have a two groove water pump pulley. When you say you need a "two crank pulley" to my knowledge, there is no such thing, unless there's one I am not aware of. There's a power steering pulley that bolts to the front of the balancer and an AC pulley that bolts to the rear of the balancer. I don't think I have another balancer, but I am pretty sure I have each of the pulleys. I would need to know which one you need. I know I have the double groove water pump pulley though.

Hmm, I meant 2 groove crank pulley. I think they came as a dampener with AC pulley on the back? Or maybe just 2 grooves? Send me pics of what you have.

IMG_6814.JPG

Hmm, I meant 2 groove crank pulley. I think they came as a dampener with AC pulley on the back? Or maybe just 2 grooves? Send me pics of what you have.

View attachment 1715927391
You have a balancer with a AC pulley bolted on behind it in the picture. I have that same rear pulley as well as the power steering pulley that bolts to the front and the two groove water pump pulley.

Normally on a slant there is a power steering pulley that bolts on the front of the damper and an AC pulley that bolts on the rear of the damper. The 2 add on pulleys are different as in not the same P/N and look very different. I believe some trucks and non-automotive applications may use a multi groove damper, but I am unsure if these would work for you.

Here are the pulleys I have. From left to right, the A/C pulley that bolts to the rear of the balancer. The double groove water pump pulley and the P/S pulley that bolts to the front of the balancer. I think I have an extra double groove water pump pulley. If I don't, I really don't want to let this one go. I'll look tomorrow when the sun is up and see. None of this stuff is gettin any easier to find.
IMG_20220514_221947.jpg

I just looked and I do have an extra double groove water pump pulley so I can turn one loose if you're interested.

-
Back