need stock adjustable rocker arms

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a stock 360 in a 79 Chrysler LeBaron. I race it in I,J, and K Stock and am having a difficult time finding stock adjustable rocker arms, shafts, springs, and spacers.

Here are some pictures of her and her 3700 pounds of glory....fat pig.

DSC00730.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

You given adjustable pushrods a thought?

It's a stock 360 in a 79 Chrysler LeBaron. I race it in I,J, and K Stock and am having a difficult time finding stock adjustable rocker arms, shafts, springs, and spacers.
I would guess so....since they didn't make them! The only factory ones that will fit are the ones off the '64-7 273 engine. Your engine would have come stock with hydrolic lifters. The 273 push rods don't fit the later hydrolic lifters to well so you may have to make a set or go to a solid cam which is what I'd do if your class allows it. I'd stay away from adjustable push rods....seen too many come apart under race conditions.

That's exactly right. 273 adjustable rocker arms and special hydraulic lifters. I busted a bit of steel and chewed up both of my shafts and a couple of the rocker arms.

Hi Wayne, I run the Crane rockers on my 71 Demon 340 stocker along with the MP chrome shafts. The stock rockers are all over the place as far as ratio is concerned. I also found the Sealed Power replace ones to also be all over the place. The Crane or Isky rockers are all right on with the 1.5 ratio. The pushrods can be made to the correct length by any one of the aftermarket manufacturers. Another good idea to add to the valve train are the MP billet shaft hold downs. Much stronger than the stock washer type pieces. Just my 2 cents from my experience over the last 30 or so years racing the 340 stocker.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back