Need to document a text on a phone..........

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I only have a flip phone. My POS sister sent me a text which I need to document/ back up. I could simply take a photo of the thing when displayed on the phone, I would rather forward it somewhere such as email. I've already connected the phone to the laptop via bluetooth, and see no option to browze/ get that file. Any ideas?

youtube it.. i know i turned text messages to emails a long time ago.. i wanted to save them because of a threat..

I send photos to my e mail buy using my e mail address as a phone number. I just set up my e mail address as a contact and sent it there. Hope it works.

I only have a flip phone. My POS sister sent me a text which I need to document/ back up. I could simply take a photo of the thing when displayed on the phone, I would rather forward it somewhere such as email. I've already connected the phone to the laptop via bluetooth, and see no option to browze/ get that file. Any ideas?
Contact your service provider to give you the best option for a flip phone. They aren’t all that internet file transfer friendly but the texts do exist on their server for some period of time and can possibly be saved directly from their server.

If you press & hold the text message, does it give you options to forward, copy, send to, etc. ??

Guys, it’s a flip-phone...not a smart phone.

Options are extremely limited.

It depends on the phone version. The service provider can give the best answers. My old flip phone wouldn’t do it and I had to document my evil younger sisters texts trying to steal my fathers money through the service providers server.

My flip phone had no connection to email.

if you have a digital camera , I would take pictures of the texts , or, if you can screen shot them , you can also send them to an email address. I still have my flip phone but I don't recall just how much it can do

Taking pictures of or forwarding the text to your email is fine for your personal records but if this is a serious issue that may need to be resolved in court then I suggest getting copies directly from your service provider.

These types of issues are common and an investigator would go to court with documents from your service provider, not pictures or email copies unless that's all they could get.

basically you want to forward the text to your email. You want to act like you are going to forward it and then set the TO field to your email address instead of a phone number.

I don't think email is an option with this phone. I tried typing an email into the forward box and you can repeatedly hit the key (to cycle through 4-g-h-i example) and it just keeps hitting "4" IE it is putting in a phone no.

I'll take a closeup of it if nothing else. This, by the way, is not only a flip, it's Verizon prepaid. I don't think Verizon gives a **** about their customers so long as they get their money. You cannot even get a real person to talk to you, and the people at the "store" act like they should be selling you a BMW

and the people at the "store" act like they should be selling you a BMW
yeah...the wife has banned me from visiting the verizon store, because apparently, i dont deal well with those kind of sales people

I don't think email is an option with this phone. I tried typing an email into the forward box and you can repeatedly hit the key (to cycle through 4-g-h-i example) and it just keeps hitting "4" IE it is putting in a phone no.

I'll take a closeup of it if nothing else. This, by the way, is not only a flip, it's Verizon prepaid. I don't think Verizon gives a **** about their customers so long as they get their money. You cannot even get a real person to talk to you, and the people at the "store" act like they should be selling you a BMW
do you have a buddy with a smart phone? maybe you can send him the message and then he can send it to your email

-
Back