Needed: Wiring diagram for rallye dash 1970 Duster 340

-

Alan H.

Reaction score
My dash tach and ammeter gauges are not working (got the car this way and owner didn't mention it). They said it has a new wiring harness (I don't know if it is a correct rallye harness), so I don't know if those gauges are faulty or not wired correctly. The other gauges are working.
Does someone have the rallye dash wiring diagram to help me out? I have 2 guys coming to my house tomorrow to look at it, so I need it soon.
Many thanks.

duster_dash.jpg

Last edited:
Try google theres several sites out there that have archived all the wiring diagrams by year make and model

Looking at your dash I would suggest googling color wiring diagrams for 69 barracuda .you will find it is the same cluster as what you have

If that is indeed a picture of your dash, the previous owner may have had the AMP gauge converted to a VOLT meter. Even if your AMP gauge is disconnected the needle would normally remain in the center position. The needle in the picture is off to the left which is where someone would expect it to be if it had been converted to a VOLT meter and the key was off..... or it was never connected. The tach on my 1967 Barracuda has only two connections. A gray signal wire that comes directly from the distributor (through the bulkhead connector) and a red power wire attached to a spade lug. I'll look for a picture.

If that is indeed a picture of your dash, the previous owner may have had the AMP gauge converted to a VOLT meter. Even if your AMP gauge is disconnected the needle would normally remain in the center position. The needle in the picture is off to the left which is where someone would expect it to be if it had been converted to a VOLT meter and the key was off..... or it was never connected. The tach on my 1967 Barracuda has only two connections. A gray signal wire that comes directly from the distributor (through the bulkhead connector) and a red power wire attached to a spade lug. I'll look for a picture.
It is an actual pic of my cluster.
The needle doesn't move whether car is on or off.

My dash tach and ammeter gauges are not working (got the car this way and owner didn't mention it). They said it has a new wiring harness (I don't know if it is a correct rallye harness), so I don't know if those gauges are faulty or not wired correctly. The other gauges are working.
Does someone have the rallye dash wiring diagram to help me out? I have 2 guys coming to my house tomorrow to look at it, so I need it soon.
Many thanks.

View attachment 1714998116

image.jpg

image.jpg

If you are working on a 71 Duster Rallye panel n wiring then the pics I posted are correct. But don’t assume it’s correct n hasn’t been mess with. But the pics of the wiring is a good start. The wiring diagram is in the booklet I bought and in the Mopar chassis service manual. Attached are pic the books I got. The mess on my table is a Standard Dash wiring n have converted it to a Rallye Dash harness. Just a few more wires to move n add so that the door switches n overhead interior dome light works just like the Rallye diagram is printed.
Happy Moparing

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

could you please tell me if there is a voltage limiter for the dash 1970 duster rallye dash and where I would find it and what it looks like sorry to bug you
The Voltage limiter is built into the fuel gage.

"The voltage limiter is built into the fuel gauge" Is this correct for a 71 Rallye dash also?

-
Back