Neon's heading into it's last winter

-

moper

Reaction score
So I'm getting to a crossroads. I've had my Neon for 10+ years now and the calcium and salt are eating it away. I'm sure it's got one winter left - but I need to replace it. I'm doen with my farm tractor payments in the spring next year so I was thinknig a new car. I've never owned one - but they look fun...lol. Initially it was a Dart - then I had somewhat of a midlife crisis and that changed to a Charger RT. I like 4doors.. but now I find I can't get a V8 with a real manual transmission - they all only list the Auto Stik - which I consider an automatic. I want a clutch pedal. I have a close friend who's a dealership GM and she can't get me one either...lol. So now I'm thinking either finding a used R/T with a stick, or perhaps borrowing money to buy something old but very clean/southern, or a new 5.0 Mustang. Those are the choices I've come to. Honestly the Neon is a load - it's got almost 300K miles on it, cracked windshield, rust, fading/peeling clearcoat and paint.. etc. So I could be happy with an old Dart or Aspen with a V8, OD stick, and AC even if it wasn't a great looker. But - whatever I get will be driven until it's rusted so that's a death sentence for any old car.
So what do you guys think?

hate to say it but the mustangs are about the best bang for the buck as far as v8 stick cars are concerned. hell i would love to have a late 80s early 90s fox body butt stang. they are alot of fun to drive and the after market is huge for them.

You a pickemup kind of guy? For a decade or so I used a Ranger as a DD...Had great luck with them. Neighbor just bought an 11 with next to no miles on it.....he has nothing but good to say about it....

I know you said 4 doors but... I love my Challenger. The back seat is a bit hard to get into but, once there, there's plenty of room where the Mustang has none. The Mustang does have the Challenger beat on power (I have the RT with the 5.7 Hemi VVT) but not on the fun factor. Everywhere you look there's a Mustang, not so much with the Challenger (although they are getting more common).

I'd go with a Dart turbo. Peppy and nimble like the Neon. Plus fuel economy. Whatever you say you can drop into other fun toys.

Riddler

-
Back