Never deal with 440source

-

Mrmopartech

Reaction score
The people at 440 source do not want to take any responsibility when you buy a product from them,or give you any instruction sheet and at least ball park info with a product you buy from them.Case in point,external oil pump adapter,I buy all the parts need to install this part,gaskets,bolts,regulator,seals and install the unit after re-aligning the pump,as none of the bolts go through,I guess they can,t afford 4 3/8 bolts to align the pump and adapter,some 4$ or so,really big expense.It has a new filter,oil,8 quarts ready to rock and roll,start the engine and bring the engine up to 1500rpm oil guage goes past 100PSI and blows out the oil filter and dump all the oil into my trailer,shut it off within seconds and start the clean up.So what the f#$k happened??? After clean up,1 hour of rags and kitty litter,towels,it,s time to see what happen.I will get all new oil filter and put back the stock plug it came with and look at the adjustable regulator.I think I found the problem!The adjustable regulator that they put together the adjusting screw is all the way in,maxed out for the highest pressure you can get,NOTE,there are NO paper instruction at all for any thing,the pump,adjuster,nothing,but two sheets to buy more parts from them.My oil gauge is sitting now at 20PSI,the engine is not running,so that,s toast.I call them and they don,t want anything to do with helping the issue,I am lucky this happen in the trailer and not the track,15,000$ engines are not sold at walmart.The manager brandon at 440 seems to be a clown and want,s to push every thing back on the buyer,so I am warning you guys now,beware of this shop and the dealings,mrmopartech

Sorry for your misfortune. I've never had a problem with Brandon, he can be a little goofy , but he was always a standup guy

Well if he has been great with you,great,maybe he has changed as they can,t afford aligning bolts or instruction sheet,mrmopartech

So you didn’t bother to look over the part before you installed it? It’s a bummer for sure, but you should’ve noticed it while putting it together.

Sorry for your misfortune.

Nothing but good service for me from 440source. I ran 8.60’s with their Stroker assembly back in the early 2000’s when I couldn’t afford other Stroker kits. I will be building an Indy headed 500 plus 8 second mega block build with their stuff for my green Duster.

All of my friends running stroker big blocks that have dealt with 440 Source have had no problems. I have one friend who has 3 strokers built with their parts, pieces & kits.

My list
3 sets of heads
2 cranks
2 sets of rods
2 sets of pistons
1 set of aluminum valve covers
1 aluminum oil pan
1 big block oil set up for floating pickup
2 sets of rings
3 sets of bearings

-
Back