Never Hurts To Ask...

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that it never hurts to ask, you might be surprised at the answer.
Not going to mention the company name because I don't want them getting a bunch of calls all asking the same thing. A few weeks ago I got a card in the mail from a well-know suspension company offering a 20% discount on new products if purchased by mid-December. Well, finally made the decision that the discount was good enough to get me to bite on one of their products for my '69 Dart. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring the discount offer with me to work today so I thought I'd check their website to see if the offer was also shown there. It wasn't, but I did see they have a clearance sale going on for overstock, blem, etc. parts.
Wow, could I be lucky enough?
Nope, but they did have a similar product for 108" wheelbase cars on clearance with a 36% discount.
So, I call them hoping maybe they have what I need for my 111" wheelbase Dart. They check and come back and say, "Nope, but it's on backorder and will be available in January." Bummer!
I told the guy on the phone that I was hoping to take advantage of the great clearance pricing. Then he says, "I can't sell you a new unblemished pair for the clearance price but if you want to wait for the new ones to come in I'll let you have it for (almost a 30% discount). Done deal! And, even better, I don't even have to pay for it until it's in stock and I pick it up.
So, like I said, it never hurts to ask. Don't be shy! In this economy, you never know what you may luck out getting.

-
Back