New “young” guy

-

Myst69

Reaction score
Sorry I couldn’t help myself with all of the new old timers chiming in on the forum for the first time lol I’ve listened in on a couple discussions but I am pretty new here and actually pretty new to old mopar muscle. My name is clayton and I am a fabricator/welder by trade and soon to be diesel mechanic if things keep going the way they are at work. The reason for my interest in the site was the plethora of knowledge regarding Plymouth and Dodge to be found and other enthusiasts such as myself. To be completely fair I’m very green in respects to this and I may have bit off more than I can chew on my current project but I just couldn’t help myself. From the beginning, about two years ago I got lucky at auction and left with a 1965 Oldsmobile Jetstar 88 in good shape but it was massive and not quite as sporty as I would like so I sold it to purchase my current project a 1969 Cuda with the original 340 engine and trans. There is a lot of work but I believe it to be a good starting point as I have wanted one for quite a while and older muscle cars are becoming quite hard to come by. Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions for me I’m sure you will all be seeing me skulking about various posts and perhaps throwing updates and what have you on this post. Thanks for having me I look forward to hearing from everyone.

F0101381-4D01-4E23-9BDA-895985F415DC.jpeg
F7F0A94A-8A18-4F4F-B0FD-AA6A44DF5714.jpeg
A68E81BB-9DB4-42D2-8341-48EC50085CFE.jpeg

So your new to Mopars and jump in with a 340 Cuda? Wise choice! Welcome aboard...
FYI, that's about the pinnacle of Mopar small blocks right there, and a great body year to boot.

Thanks for the welcome guys :) ever since I rode in a fully blown 440 hemi cuda I knew that I had to have one at some point. This old cuda just happened to fit the bill and was available at a relatively decent price. Ohh and before I forget to ask is there a frame vin location on this particular year I wanted to see if I got lucky enough to get matching vins

Should be on the dash and a machined pad on the engine block. Good luck, but it does not really matter. Nice to have a 340 69 Barracuda fastback.

Nice to have you welcome aboard!! Im just glad you consider our age group young ! Haha I don't feel so young anymore. I like your barracuda I look forward to seeing more pictures and progress on it!

OOf, I hope you got the passenger side exhaust manifold! There is no frame, its a unibody. There is a few places that the VIN is stamped but its not really a big deal to Mopars. On the pan rail of the motor is a stamped number that should match a portion of the stamped number on top of the rad support. there is another body VIN stamped under the rubber gasket driver side of the rear window (IIRC, someone knows this) but again not super important.

OOf, I hope you got the passenger side exhaust manifold! There is no frame, its a unibody. There is a few places that the VIN is stamped but its not really a big deal to Mopars. On the pan rail of the motor is a stamped number that should match a portion of the stamped number on top of the rad support. there is another body VIN stamped under the rubber gasket driver side of the rear window (IIRC, someone knows this) but again not super important.

Thx for this, luckily got both original manifolds. Umm now let’s talk about engine mounts lol the driver side uses a sandwich style biscuit and passenger uses one with and eyelet correct?

The lugs on the motor connect to U channel looking almost square brackets that then attach to isolators that look like ice cream sandwiches. Like these but 340 has 1 unique bracket but the isolators are the same. You should see 2 elongated holes on the K member where these threaded studs drop right in. Trans isolator looks pretty close
engine2-jpg.jpg

If you are interested, I have a fill neck for your car if you don't have one.

Glad to see another one from the 30s crowd joins us.

Old guys .... old guys are everywhere around here and they still listen to the same music they did in the 70s and the artists of their favorite songs are almost all dead or doing concerts in walkers.

LOL. Welcome aboard.

Glad to see another one from the 30s crowd joins us.

Old guys .... old guys are everywhere around here and they still listen to the same music they did in the 70s and the artists of their favorite songs are almost all dead or doing concerts in walkers.

LOL. Welcome aboard.
Get over your self whipper snapper . NO band will ever out do Zeppelin or Beatles. Period

Very nice ... great find !
I drive mt 68 Fastback on a daily basis and I have a ton of young (20s) guys and girls comment on it .

-
Back