toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
IMG_0686.JPG
IMG_0704.JPG
IMG_0686.JPG
IMG_0704.JPG
I ordered a pair of 225/70-15 Cooper Cobra's and mounted them on a pair of 7" small bolt Rally wheels I had. I had a set of left and right hand chrome lug nuts too so I used them just for fun. It sure looks different. Those bigger tires make the car look short. Funny how that works. tmm

Any rubbing at all in the rear? Also are those stock 5 leaf springs back there?
thx

No rubbing. 1" inside clearance. 1 1/4" outside. I would like to try a custom offset 8" wheel just for fun. Yes I have the 5 leaf springs. The car was born with the HD option and the 6 leaf springs but I goofed when I ordered them years ago. My rallys ar 15x7 with a 4" back space
tmm

toolmanmike , used the same size t/a's on two 8'' bands that i put on small pattern centers , they are set about 1/2'' neg (inboard) and just clear the springs . and don't rub anything but the springs , and only under hard driv'n in n out of the corners , but nothing passed us either , i had added a few leafs to each side as well . gave my 383 69 gt some road speed and cornering with the beefed up rear springs . no one would believe it had no anti-sway bars .

That's a great old school look & kinda reminds me of the stance on Keith's Valiant. Love the Texaco station too 8)

Sorry for your loss of traction. :burnout:

LOL I did loose a bit of gear with a tall tire like that. I think my old tires were 215-14's. It could take a 3:73 or more to get back to where I was. Thanks C. It's an old station in a small town just south of me.

-
Back