New 1966 Barracuda Owner

-

TXOval

340 stroked to 416
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 66 Barracuda and I’m looking to learn as much as I can about these cars.

Most of my experience has been restoring classic VW’s, and one 64 Chevy II.

For the past year I have been looking for an early Barracuda and finally found one. I’ll post pictures soon.

1966-plymouth-barracuda-restomod.jpg

Congratulations and welcome aboard :thumbsup:
Looking forward to pictures, my 66 sedan

FB_IMG_1656959923179.jpg

Can you recommend parts suppliers? When I had my Chevy II, I used Classic Industries for items, but they do not seem have much for early Barracudas.

Specifically, does anyone make/sell nice rubber floor mats that fit the floor shape? I am not a fan of carpet floor mats.

Thanks

Welcome from Cleveland, TX depending upon where in Conroe you are we maybe real close neighbors.

Welcome from MN! I think you need to search the web for some old school floor mats, your Barracuda looks really nice

Welcome to FABO!! Always good to have another 66 Barracuda owner around. It's a one year only car so some things are challenging to find.

My wife bought me a set of 4 floor mats about 8 years ago. She can't remember where but said she searched the web. They are black with Barracuda script in white on the two front mats.

Can you recommend parts suppliers? When I had my Chevy II, I used Classic Industries for items, but they do not seem have much for early Barracudas.
Specifically, does anyone make/sell nice rubber floor mats that fit the floor shape? I am not a fan of carpet floor mats.

Thanks

For early A-body parts try Layson’s Restorations (FABO vendor) and for great fitting floor mats that look period correct Legendary Auto Interiors.

Legendary may be where my wife got my floor mats.

Detroit Muscle Technologies has nearly every body type seal/gasket such as weatherstripping, window felts, etc etc.

You aren’t kidding about challenging…seems like finding parts for 64-66 cars is a chore

Welcome to FABO!! Always good to have another 66 Barracuda owner around. It's a one year only car so some things are challenging to find.

My wife bought me a set of 4 floor mats about 8 years ago. She can't remember where but said she searched the web. They are black with Barracuda script in white on the two front mats.

Legendary emailed me back…they do make vinyl/rubber mat for 64-66.

They just aren’t listed on their website.

so good news there

Welcome! You'll find out that the '66 Cuda has specific trim parts, gauges, fenders, etc... that do not crossover with 64-65 Cudas.

-
Back