New 360 combo (10's?)

-

Aspen79

Reaction score
So Iam just about finish with this 360 combo. IAM just wondering will I get high 10's lol
Stock stroke 360 ARP main studs
Reconditioned rods ARP studs
Windage tray
7 qt Mildon oil pan and pickup/ hi vol oil pump
.030 over forged piston 11.5;1 compression
Multi layer steel head gasket
Eddy proformer RPM head ( mild port, competition valve job)
Eddy RPM air gap intake (mild port, port matched, drilled and trap for fogger)
Cam is Hughesengines 242/246 @.050 lift 563/573 108 lsa)
850 Holley dp
3800 B&M stall
Rebuilt 727 with Bolt-in sprag and reverse manual valvebody
4.10:1 gear
200 hp shot of NOS
3300 lb car
10's or not? Feel free to give your opinion!

If it doesn't run 10's on a 200 shot then you did something incredibly wrong....JMO.

That combo running NA should be deep in the 11's with a good chassis.

Make sure you have a good fuel system with good fuel when you drop a 200 shot on an 11.5:1 motor, what fuel system do you have and whats your nitrous setup? But im thinking mid 11s on motor and deep 10s on the juice

If it doesn't run 10's on a 200 shot then you did something incredibly wrong....JMO.

That combo running NA should be deep in the 11's with a good chassis.

Subframe connector and 6 point tied all in good. What's your guess on a 200 hp shot

Make sure you have a good fuel system with good fuel when you drop a 200 shot on an 11.5:1 motor, what fuel system do you have and whats your nitrous setup? But im thinking mid 11s on motor and deep 10s on the juice

Well I was thinking race fuel only. I have twoHolley blues and good fuel regulator. I was thinking of run a separate fuel system for the nos, with a good multi spark ignition system

I have not got the nitrous kit yet but I was going to run a fogger two stage. (Making sure my timing is retarded)

On a 200 shot i think a seperate fuel system is good insurance, get your tune good so it doesnt lean out and ull be good to go!... And not giving b&m a bad rap but i think a better converter would benifit you as well

Yep that should be well in the 10's easy.....back in 1988 I ran a '71 Cuda, with a stock 10.3:1 340 2.02 headed, added a DC.590 solid flat tappet cam, Strip Dominator, 850DP, 1.75" Hedman race chassis headers, 4200 verter, manual 727, 4.30's 8.75 posi, ran 12.4's>108 n/a, hit it with an NOS cheater plate kit 250hp (110 jets) off the line and went 11.01@123, and thats a 3500lbs+ car with me, so no probs I would think. I used a seperate Blue pump with 1/2" line for the N20 fuel alone at 5psi for safety.

That combination should be well into the 10's..with those rods how many times who knows..

mid 10's on spray, Why a fogger for such a small hit and why two stages? just get an edelbrock system and hit it with 200 on a plate.

Tell us about the transmission. I know it's rebuilt with a bolt in sprag. Anything else? Like things that will keep it together.

Tell us about the transmission. I know it's rebuilt with a bolt in sprag. Anything else? Like things that will keep it together.
a stock 727 will hold together just fine with the power he is going to be making

I know they're tough. I just don't know how tough. I do all engine stuff so tens is a pretty tall order. Especially at Bandimere. Therefore, my transmission is safe.

That's basically it, just going to make sure a run a good cool and fan. I was taught as long as you keep them cool you'll be surprise what they can stand.

Keep it mind this is a street toy, won't be at the stripe every week hitting it really hard.

On a 200 shot i think a seperate fuel system is good insurance, get your tune good so it doesnt lean out and ull be good to go!... And not giving b&m a bad rap but i think a better converter would benifit you as well

I'm sorry that converter is a TCI 142200 street fighter.

Good chassis/set up it should run in the 11.00-11.50 range.

On a 200 shot 10.00-10.30's, maybe better.

-
Back