New and Confused:)

-

(HOOLIGAN)

Reaction score
Boarder of Maine and New Brunswick Canada
Hey everyone I’m new I have a 1976 Dodge W150 Full Time 4x4 four speed Manual with a 318 engine and the

NP-203 transfer Case I also have a 1986 W150 Ram 4x4 four speed manual trans with 318 engine

Those are my Dodge projects the 86’ isn’t running needs Parts but the 76’ is my Plow truck for now and (Hopefully)Future Dakar Rally Candidate I love this thing best 4x4 I have ever driven other than my 83’ Mercedes Gwagen they are neck and neck in that department my Dodge is just a hell of a lot more Powerful I don’t know if any of you remember that old Chuck Norris movie with the old supercharged Ram charger and it was Baried under the dirt and powers it’s way out I always thought that was pretty far fetch till I went to buy my 76’ Dodge Powerwagon it was completely barried in snow behind a 6ft snow bank and the guy carved a tiny path with a shovel just enough to open the door fired it up lifted the plow put it in low lock an granny gear and pushed through the solid ice bank while carrying all the snow on the flatbed and all around it. On an incline they called it the tank on the little farm I got it from an i believe it

For the 76’ The Plan is to put a 440 big block in it and two Turbos along with some other modifications meanwhile I’ve added a Fuel Cell because the tank was rotted the dash gauges were inoperable nothing worked not a light so I added my own custom dash with Autometer gauges a fuel air ratio a digital temp fuel pressure oil pressure digital Tachometer Speedometer fuel level and volts also I just installed a Hydraulic-E-Brake (I like Drifting)

The 86’ is going to be original ish i might put a bigger motor in it idk yet it’s for my 8 year old son when he turns 15 and gets his permit so I have some time on it

I have two 1986 Porsche 944’s one my daily Driver and the other A Project im used to working on Porsche Mercedes and Ford I have a 1995 Ford F350 with a (7.5L) 460 Bb

And I’ve only had Ford Trucks since I was 18 till now I’ve had 1976 F350 390bb a 1990 F450 (7.2L) 444bb so that’s all I’ve worked on and this Dodge has been my Favorite but also my Biggest Headache I’ll be posting a question soon sorry for the book thanks for letting me join I’m adding some photos of my 76’ dodge one is a before and one if of the 86’(it’s green)
7BEF2FDA-6C98-40CC-8C57-2E1EE980850B.jpeg

4729BF5F-BF33-44EB-BA6F-E6F376A71DE1.jpeg

AE0AA5CB-045B-438C-BFD6-E75B4193B4FD.jpeg

CB077506-E786-4C84-880E-42EBE9C6E243.jpeg

293B9431-1FEB-4062-89FA-CC3C8B87BA7E.jpeg

FC4374BD-C29A-4CD6-9DED-F8D63FF23FAC.jpeg

-Thanks (HOOLIGAN)

Well, I guess you are confused..........this is a Dart/Valiant forum. But welcome anyway. Lots of engine expertise here.
I drove through the Calais border about 30 years ago to visit Fundy. I think it was Calais. I guess I'm confused, too.

Welcome from Fl. It's hot here already! I think you'll find a lot of good information here there's a lot of good guys here that are really knowledgeable and the bottom line is this is all things Mopar! About 10 years or so I sold a whole truck load of tin Grill D series parts... had enough to build 2 trucks..... wish I still had it might help you out

Well, I guess you are confused..........this is a Dart/Valiant forum. But welcome anyway. Lots of engine expertise here.
I drove through the Calais border about 30 years ago to visit Fundy. I think it was Calais. I guess I'm confused, too.
Wow I feel dumb and Yea you are right I’ve been to Calais I had a terrible accident there I was hit by a tractor trailer (and had a traumatic Brain injury) (probably why I didn’t notice that this was for specific dodge cars HAHA) And I thought it was just a Dodge mopar forum my bad but I know the engines are the same wether it’s a truck or a car 318 440 360 340 ect I did have a 1972 Plymouth Scamp with a Slant Six when I was very young if that helps but thank you for the welcome

Wow I feel dumb and Yea you are right I’ve been to Calais I had a terrible accident there I was hit by a tractor trailer (and had a traumatic Brain injury) (probably why I didn’t notice that this was for specific dodge cars HAHA) And I thought it was just a Dodge mopar forum my bad but I know the engines are the same wether it’s a truck or a car 318 440 360 340 ect I did have a 1972 Plymouth Scamp with a Slant Six when I was very young if that helps but thank you for the welcome
I'm sure it does! You'll be fine! I think at one point we had 80,000 members... plus a few agitators! Lol, trolls don't last long here.

Welcome from Fl. It's hot here already! I think you'll find a lot of good information here there's a lot of good guys here that are really knowledgeable and the bottom line is this is all things Mopar! About 10 years or so I sold a whole truck load of tin Grill D series parts... had enough to build 2 trucks..... wish I still had it might help you out
Thank you and it’s still snowing here and that’s what I was hoping for like I said I’m new to Mopar Engines and dam that sounded nice too bad I could of used some of that thank you though I’m always looking there used to be a bunch of mopar junk yards up here but I was told just ten years or so ago scrap was really high and all the older owners retired or passed away and handed down there mopar gold mines but the younger generations just wanted a quick buck so they all disappeared :):)

Welcome!! Jump in. As others have said, tons of engine experience here.

Post up your questions in the specific area and you'll get a lot of help.

Yep, same **** happened all over, sucks tail
It’s a bummer I’m originally from Portland Oregon and when I was fifteen (2009ish) I sat in a 1966 Dodge Charger with a big block 440 at the
U Pull It and they only wanted $400 for it and it ran great I begged my mom to loan me the money but no go and now that things worth bank. around there no one wanted gas guzzlers like that i knew some guys who would buy and old classic truck drive it till it broke and parked it at the scrapyard to be melted it would drive me crazy but what you gonna do

-
Back