New Benchmade!

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
I left my good pocket knife at my house in Tahoe so that gave me a reason to go and drop some coin on a nice new EDC.

It's a little thicker than I would like but anything thinner just don't feel good in my hand. I'm also a lefty so finding a good knife is harder for me. It's a full auto open with a pocket lock and ambidextrous use.

It's the Emissary 3.5. At 200 beans it's not a cheep knife but cheep and good don't go in the same sentence...

[URL=http://s274.photobucket.com/user/cope44/media/20160525_133703_zpsxkmowu1o.jpg.html][/URL]

I looked at a bunch of Zero tolerance knifes as I've been very impressed with what I see on their Web page but in hand they just did not feel right.

I know there's a few guys here that like their knifes so enjoy and have a great day!

Nice
My weekday knife is a kershaw 3420
It's not spring assisted but it IS ambidextrous and with the upside down pocket clip I can have it open and in my hand quicker then you can see (and affordable enough that I won't lay awake crying if I misplace it)

If I get a chance I'll put up some pictures of my Sunday knife when I got home...that's the kind that will become an heirloom one day

yeah share away!

I grew up when a boy was supposed to carry a knife. I was a cub/boy scout and have been carrying a pocket knife for 30+ years...

These last few weeks with out one i just feal kinda naked, not to mention all the dirt under my nails...

In all honesty its dose not have the razor edge that I associate with a quality kinfe but a bit of time on my big wet stone should fix that...

Im not sure that the full auto open is legal in Ca but if some one is looking at my knife ive already screwed the pooch big time in some way... EDIT-I just looked and it is listed as "spring assist" but It seems to open fully with just a touch...
This sucker opens FAST and SMOOTH!!

Last edited:
chances are, if it is illegal in California, it is good
(I choose my paint thinners and brake cleaners based on that principle)

anyway here is that knife
it is made by Herbertz in Germany, and the wife bought it for me the first time I took her to Paris, some 15 years ago

the picture does not show how shiny those bolsters are and how deep the design in it really is
the back side of the blade has a wood grain in it

but the real beauty in in the front of the blade
I could not get the light to hit it right and take a picture at the same time, but that eagle looks sharp
(and the tip looks a wee bit dirty)

That is nice, I got an old schrade (spelling?) that has engraved ivory handles and blade with brass bolsters but its a little to nice to cary and it was a gift from my grand Pa so it stays home..

Ha, lets hope you never need a knife in church!

no other guys who enjoy a good knife?

lets see your EDC or sunday knife?

Ha, lets hope you never need a knife in church!

no other guys who enjoy a good knife?

lets see your EDC or sunday knife?

it would be a rough day, because I also carry my SR9 with 18 in the magazine and one in the chamber

I never got that fancy. Carried a Buck for quite a few years, after Leatherman started getting popular, and fixed some of the "niks" I used the 'ell out of them. Since I'm retired, now, I rarely carry one

I've been through a few cheap knives the last while, currently I carry two. A cheap $12 Gerber knife...
image.jpg

And this P.Graham Dunn (made in China) that I got as a gift for having part in my brother-in-laws wedding
image.jpg

The Gerber needs sharpened but the other is surprisingly sharp! I own/operate a poultry farm so I lit use my knives every day and REALLY miss em when/if I forget em.

*disclaimer* No, I'm not driving; I'm sitting in the car waiting for my wife....

Now , this is a knife. Hand made by an old timer friend back in the 80s. Very sharp!!! Definitely a Sunday knife.
Yote

image.jpeg

Guess I don't understand what you find so amusing Mitch. Enlighten me.
Yote

Look at the knife picture that you posted and try to read the guy's name that made it posted under the knife in the picture....

Lloyd E. FLick almost looks like it says Lloyd E. F-U-c-k....

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.... (Lord forgive me and all the pigmies in New Guinea....)

-
Back