New Business, Need Ideas!

-

moparornocar72

Jack Of All Trades
Reaction score
OKay folks I am putting in the works an original Mopar parts business and need Ideas.
I need ideas for a name
Should I list parts on ebay or on forums such as this one, both, or just let people message and tell me what they need?
I am working on a deal and believe it should work out but I should have 2 18 wheeler semi trailers full of mopar original parts such as challenger, roadrunner, etc hoods , doors, trim etc.
What you guys think?!?!?!

First do you have an inventory sheet on whats in the trailers? Do you have a plan for more parts and how to obtain them at a cost where you can still make money? Ebay is ok but I have noticed lately that they are moving torwards mass sellers. I looked on ebay alot in the past but anymore it gets to much to sift through to look at genuine parts. Ebay will be a tough sell. Also condsider shipping of large items. The shipping can sometimes out wiegh the cost of the part. I always wait for big items until I can pick them up myself. You might want to consider talking to someone who is doing it or has done this type of thing. Dont forget uncle sam will want his cut to. My two cents worth

If you're going into the classic Mopar parts business I would suggest checking out a production run of hard to find stamped parts like early A sill plates and other such trim. Consider how many of each unit was built and still available needing parts. Kinda like the candy cane trim for a 65 Dart. Hmmm.....what made me think of that ?

First do you have an inventory sheet on whats in the trailers? Do you have a plan for more parts and how to obtain them at a cost where you can still make money? Ebay is ok but I have noticed lately that they are moving torwards mass sellers. I looked on ebay alot in the past but anymore it gets to much to sift through to look at genuine parts. Ebay will be a tough sell. Also condsider shipping of large items. The shipping can sometimes out wiegh the cost of the part. I always wait for big items until I can pick them up myself. You might want to consider talking to someone who is doing it or has done this type of thing. Dont forget uncle sam will want his cut to. My two cents worth

I am going to look at everything and at least get a rough inventory sometime soon. As far as the big stuff shipping or even sending it myself wouldnt be a problem. I know of about 3 ppl that have mopar yards they are trying to get rid of there stuff so I shouldnt run out of stuff to sale anytime soon. I may dable in the "other" (ford, chevy, etc) sometime but right now it's going to be all mopar. I can even get a few complete cars and sell projects for those looking. And also being in the south most all cars and parts have very little rust. Eventually once big enough I'm going to get into a bigger place and do a performance restoration business.

I'm no good for a name but to sell stuff I would list it on eBay, craigslist and every mopar board I could think of.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. i know there are a bunch of hoods, like roadrunner and challenger stuff thats in good shape and is in pretty high demand.

Keep the advice, opinions, and ideas coming ya'll!

Names are personal IMO. I like to buy at swap meets and i think there are alot of advantages to selling at swap meets. If you are going to do this as your only job i would buy an enclosed trailer and start traveling. there is a swap meet somewhere every week-end. cash, no shipping and you can take orders for stuff you don't have with you.

Names are personal IMO. I like to buy at swap meets and i think there are alot of advantages to selling at swap meets. If you are going to do this as your only job i would buy an enclosed trailer and start traveling. there is a swap meet somewhere every week-end. cash, no shipping and you can take orders for stuff you don't have with you.

I plan on doing that once getting established. Esp. shows and such near me

good luck with your business. i hope it works out for you, i would do, as stated earlier, swap meets, and shows, because its all cash, no taxes, or anything like that

how bout asshole that posts on various mopar threads under different names..well that is kinda long..

maybe...WHY?

how bout asshole that posts on various mopar threads under different names..well that is kinda long..

maybe...WHY?
I did hat because not everyone thats on a body is on big block dart and I made the a body name a long time ago and it said it was takin on big block dart. Thanks again for the kind words. Do you have anything useful to say?

yea...you could link to BBD..thanks for the clear up..got any 1968 Dart stuff..will work on a name 4ya.

USAJon what difference does it make. I have heard nothing bad said about him. Maybe you need to apologize for your remarks. Had you asked he could have cleared that up for you. Sorry moparornocar72 not trying to hijack your thread I just cant stand people like that.

USAJon what difference does it make. I have heard nothing bad said about him. Maybe you need to apologize for your remarks. Had you asked he could have cleared that up for you. Sorry moparornocar72 not trying to hijack your thread I just cant stand people like that.

It happens! With my military background I have had to deal with all kinds of people but I did not take it in a bad way. Takes more than anything like that to get a rise out of me.

I know this is an A Body Forum but what all parts would ya'll be looking for the most whether it be a, b, e etc?

OK u r right. I wuz wrong to b an ***.

be well. just reminded me of many an old school deal that was all smoke..

Yes I know tha tha tha bird bird bird tha bird is the word.

Anyways let's get back on track! Keep the advice, opinions, and name ideas coming!

-
Back