New Camaro Z/28. Warning: looking at this may require a change of pants

-
I like the new Z/28 but for the money (and the fact that I work for ford), with employee discounts and rebates, $20,000 will get me this.........

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkJU-mvxR1k"]Mustang 2013 v6 drag 1/4 mile - YouTube[/ame]

I will take mine in white, a 6 speed and V6 performance package please. 13.56, 1/4 mile with a crappy 60' time.

Why can't Dodge/SRT get into this game?!?!?! I dearly love the current generation Chargers and Challengers. They're flat out not competitive in terms of performance and it kills me. :banghead:

if i was in the car market right now and had the finances to go with it ...i would prolly buy a camero ....and this is coming from a mopar person who has been a mopar person since i began driving......

the current generation of chargers look like pimp cars and 4 doors ....give me a break.

and the challengers are nice but over priced ....and too many restrictions ...if they cant let you order a car the way you want it ....whats the point.

so New Dodge better shape up and start giving the public what they want or ship out.

Daimler is gone...out of the pic ...so why are they still trying to build mercedes benz pimp cars in high impact colors?

i just saw a new charger in sublime green with black stripes .....4 door :tard:....talk about a clown car and i dont have big enough speakers and dubs to handle a 300

not too shabby for a buzzin half dozen! but i like v8's. :)

So do I but paying 10k+ for 1 second in the 1/4 and a loss of 6mpg on the highway kicks in my reality check.

The V6 Mustang would do EVERYTHING I want from a performance car at a far lower total cost (fuel, insurance and initial purchase price).

So do I but paying 10k+ for 1 second in the 1/4 and a loss of 6mpg on the highway kicks in my reality check.

The V6 Mustang would do EVERYTHING I want from a performance car at a far lower total cost (fuel, insurance and initial purchase price).

You have a great point there...and the V6ers save a few lbs off the front of an already relatively light machine (~3650ish for the GT, ~3550ish for the V6)...so the balance is even better. Add in some sticky rubber, heavy duty shocks, springs/sways and you have a downright respectable sports car that still runs 13s stock. I read that you really get the optional 3.15 axle ratio and the 6spd to have fun though.

You have a great point there...and the V6ers save a few lbs off the front of an already relatively light machine (~3650ish for the GT, ~3550ish for the V6)...so the balance is even better. Add in some sticky rubber, heavy duty shocks, springs/sways and you have a downright respectable sports car that still runs 13s stock. I read that you really get the optional 3.15 axle ratio and the 6spd to have fun though.

The V6 Performance Package gives you 3.31s along with significant brake and suspension upgrades.

If I'm buying a new car, it will have fully independent rear suspension. Ford cannot figure out how to make the IRS work in a mustang so they junked it. Just pointing that out

Ok... I'm first and foremost a Mopar fan...but like many of you guys, I just love muscle cars and will give a look at a product no matter the nameplate.

Oh my god, the new Z/28 has me drooling.

"Powered by Chevrolet's 7.0-liter LS7 small block V8 (also found in the C6 Corvette), the 2014 Camaro Z/28 looks to offer massive track performance above and beyond the already capable 1LE. Chevy hasn't released official power ratings yet, saying only that the Z/28 will deliver "at least 500 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque" – the supercharged 6.2-liter LSA found in the ZL1 dispenses 580 horsepower, so the track-focused Z/28 probably won't be the most powerful Camaro on offer.

Perhaps more importantly, curb weight is down 300 pounds compared to the ZL1 thanks to a comprehensive lightweighting program, including thinner rear glass and lighter wheels and making air conditioning an option. Chevy says that the weight cut and the institution of substantial chassis and braking changes are good enough to cut a whopping three seconds per lap off of the ZL1's times, though it hasn't specified what circuit it has been tested on."

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/27/2014-chevy-camaro-z28-new-york/

Why can't Dodge/SRT get into this game?!?!?! I dearly love the current generation Chargers and Challengers. They're flat out not competitive in terms of performance and it kills me. :banghead:

Well, someone got off the crackpipe long enough to fix the taillights, but its still a pile of crap IMO.

"yay, we dropped 300lbs now its a slim 37-3800lbs" :banghead:

If I'm buying a new car, it will have fully independent rear suspension. Ford cannot figure out how to make the IRS work in a mustang so they junked it. Just pointing that out

Who said it didnt work? The only problem was that people would break CV's when they stepped up the power and a lot people pissed and moaned about the IRS. So ford caved and went back to a solid axle.

Who said it didnt work? The only problem was that people would break CV's when they stepped up the power and a lot people pissed and moaned about the IRS. So ford caved and went back to a solid axle.

Yep and instead of beefing them up they dropped it. Won't be getting my money.

I'll bet it had a lot to do with cost and complexity. I've also heard that the IRS cars are harder to launch that the live axle cars. I still think it should be an option though.

I'll bet it had a lot to do with cost and complexity. I've also heard that the IRS cars are harder to launch that the live axle cars. I still think it should be an option though.

This is why traction/launch control is equipped in cars.

This is true...theyre also stronger and lighter. One more reason why the Challenger and Camaros are heavier than the Mustangs.

FWIW, I have 15,000 miles on my BBP 5.0 GT and zero complaints about the solid rear axle. I also have 250,000+ miles under my belt (including many autocross days) in IRS sports cars so I'd like to think I have some worthwhile perspective on this topic.

Yes, on bad pavement, the tail can get upset and the solid axle becomes a problem...but horsing around on bad enough pavement to make the problem obvious is a very dumb idea anyway.

Frankie de Italian Stallion said:
The Camaro is Sweet. It's a little less dressed up with creature comforts, than the Challenger.
My goal is to buy one of each of the new "ponies". An R/T Challenger, an SS Camaro, and an Mustang GT, Put them into storage with some occasional driving, and leave them to my three children.
Don't forget about your fourth (illegitimate) child (crossram)?
Leave him the Hemi Road-Runner
(that'll More than make up for all them child support payments that were lost in the mail) !

-
Back