New Canadian Cuda Owner!!

-

Super-Cuda

MOPAR .. Move Over, Plymouth Approaching Rapidly!
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,

Just joined up. Love the collection of cars/parts/tech/stories on here!

Hope to contribute my own tales as I rebuild my 1968 Cuda Fastback. This is my first car, got it Aug 28,1977 and still own it after all these years. Know all those guys you have approached over the years with that old Mopar in the back yard that were going to restore it some day but never did? Well I was one of those.
However... I really am doing it and am well under way.

So Far.. Alterkation front end ( RMS are awesome to deal with!! ), wildwood master cyl. front 11' brakes,11' rear drums, 4.5 bc all around, Moser rear axles , new 4-speed from Brewers (also awesome to deal with) , new full one piece floor pan, new rear valence, 4-speed tunnel, lower rad support, All from AMD (great quality sheet metal !!).

Will upload pics soon.. have one of the first day I got the car as well as restoration pics. Been a long process for me as 'Life" keeps getting in the way of me and this car. Its presently stripped out and ready for rotisserie. Just need a few more parts including left and right front frame rails. BTW if anyone reading this can help with the frame rails I sure would appreciate it!!

Thanks Folks!!! :)

Welcome fellow fish owner!! Sounds like you have a great project! My father down home in Florida still have 10 of his cars he bought brand new or was given by the race teams he raced for lol!! Oldest is his factory 1964 426 max wedge 4 speed car he raced and then restored along with the others in our garages down home.

This is my current project. 1968 Barracuda fastback.

Attachments

• 2014-08-31 18.13.46.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 143
Wow! What an environment for a Mopar Fan to grow up in!!
Great color combo on your Cuda btw.

Cool!! Great day all around for me and you!!:cheers:

Too bad you couldn't have found a 66 Barracuda like us kool guys.(joke) But welcome to the site. Lots of folks ready to help with problems.
Mike

Denvermike, give the poor guy credit - tough enough to find a Barracuda in Newfoundland (you got better luck with finding a cod), never mind a specific year! Welcome, AAndrews - you'll find friends, parts, and help here.

Welcome to ya AAndrews!! Sounds like you're well on your way to having a "New" 68 Barracuda!

The posts on this board has helped me more than anyone will know!!! Just today I finished doing the external voltage regulator conversion on my fuel/temp gauge thanks to the thorough threads on FABO.

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! As Denvermike said, its very hard to find any car here to restore. Mine is an original NFLD car but most of it has been replaced because of rust. Getting better though. Latest parts purchace included a Streetlynx suspension and coilovers at all four corners. Also have a fully balanced and blueprinted Magnum 360 w/E -RPM alun. heads,Airgap intake 10.0to 1 diamond pistons, full roller setup with 1.6 rockers and custom pushrods,hvhp melling oilpump and pickup and 8qt basepan. Approx 430hp. With a 3.09 first gear in the manual tranny and 3;91's in suregrip 498 case ole Supercuda should be able to hold her own. I will try to upload some pics over the weekend.

Again, thanks for the kind words and the support everyone!:):):)

Welcome from the other side of Canada. Where abouts in Newfoundland are you? We have friends over in Bay Roberts area, Upper Island Cove to be exact. We drove across Newfoundland last year on our cross country road trip.

-
Back