New car- Need Advice

-

indirect_connection

Reaction score
After a long search, I finally found a A-body that wasn't roached or with an astronomical asking price. Original California car brought to Memphis in the 90's and been garaged ever since.
FB_IMG_1558451987447.jpg

Before I can drive it, I need to address the tires which also date to the 90s. I would like to upgrade the rear wheels to some 15x7 and run 245/60/15. Every thread I can find on this combo , people seem to be running at least 4.25 backspace. Wheel Vintiques must have changed suppliers, as they only sell 15x7 with 4 backspace now. Any other sources of steelies with small bolt pattern? The rear is 7.25 if that plays into it at all.

Hello inderect_connection,
I had Stockton Wheel in California rework a set of steelies that I sent them. They made me custom backspace and you can’t tell they were done. Good workmen ship
Really happy with results.
Happy Mopar :)
Arron
E1F5B6F1-F963-4A82-8DD0-934CE700F509.jpeg

I had a set of 15 inch steelies made several years ago, did custom backspacing for me, brought my car to the shop, along with the wheels, they were able to tack them up quick and set exactly what I wanted, a good shop should be able to do the same for you.
What you need is a pair of 14" sbp steelies, and a pair of 15" GMC S15 rally wheels from around 1990 or so, or a pair of Oldsmobile Super Stock 15" inchers. Have the centers cut out of both sets, and the hoops from the 15s rewelded to your sbp centers. When I had mine done about 10 or 12 years ago it cost me around $150.00, plus I supplied all the wheels.

Hmm. I don't think I like the steel wheels enough to get them custom made. It looks like I'll be getting cheap 14 tires for now, and change out the wheels when I upgrade to disk brakes later. Most likely I'll keep an eye out for used Bullitt wheels.

-
Back