New compressor

-
What did you buy? As for moving the compressor around, I used my engine hoist to get the compressor off the pallet and place it.

I bought the Quincy 5hp two-stage (QT-54, I believe). Got the GTS out of the garage and on the car trailer this afternoon so that I would have room to work when the compressor gets here. I have plans to use the cherry picker, but it may not get high enough to get it off the truck...

Got it installed, partly. Electrical done, but I don't really like how I did it so I'll probably make a couple of changes. Will finish the air line connections later...
20200806_090233.jpg

The lower lines are not made in USA just assembled. Same as the Polar Air compressor I posted earlier. They might make the tank here but the pumps and motors are imported.

Well, going on nothing but the manufacturer's specifications, the Quincy pump rotational speed is 1310 rpm, the S-B is 845 rpm. Does it really matter? At my age either would outlast me. If I was 40 years younger.....

They’re made in the USA.

Did going on a disagree spree on my posts make you feel better lol. Do what you want with your time and money but the consumer level compressors from Quincy are not fully manufactured here in the USA.

Well, going on nothing but the manufacturer's specifications, the Quincy pump rotational speed is 1310 rpm, the S-B is 845 rpm. Does it really matter? At my age either would outlast me. If I was 40 years younger.....

Don't forget the noise that turning those pumps higher generates vs the slower turning ones.

Slower speeds are much quieter... With few exceptions most consumer pumps are imported.

Surprisingly the Horrible Freight compressors were all USA for years...made in SC like my old compressor. Not sure about today...

Did going on a disagree spree on my posts make you feel better lol. Do what you want with your time and money but the consumer level compressors from Quincy are not fully manufactured here in the USA.
:wtf: Who hit the disagree button first SNOWFLAKE?

Lol name calling now?

Hahahaha just saw you went back through posts from weeks ago and disagreed with them. Dude you have no life.
Can't answer a simple question.

Who hit the disagree button first SNOWFLAKE?

-
Back