New concrete

-

nwdart

Reaction score
Started adding 8 feet to the front of the shop last summer to make it 48 feet door to back wall, have a 18x30 clean room attached behind that and still fill it up, never big enough. Poured 8x 18 slab today to get ready to move Big door out before winter hits. Insulate and Sheetrock still to do, getting to old to trowel slabs, going to be sore tomorrow!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 516
Dad n I excavated and formed/prepped for my shop, but left the concrete to the pro's....I try to pick my battles LOL. Nice looking shop. Go get a rubdown from the bride...it'll all be worth it.

Dad n I excavated and formed/prepped for my shop, but left the concrete to the pro's....I try to pick my battles LOL. Nice looking shop. Go get a rubdown from the bride...it'll all be worth it.

Yea, rubdown from the bride for working on the man cave!! Boy, it has been a long time has t it Steve-o!!

Nice job on the Crete NW!! Keep up the good work!! Geof

I'm the same. I'll excavate, form and prep, but moving concrete is toooooo hard on the body! Lookin' good. Yup, you're gonna be sore.

I'm at that stage also, do the prep work, hire two brothers in town to do it.

Was a little beat up today.I am a custom home builder by trade but it sure is getting harder the older I get. At least today I was putting in kitchen cabinets instead of framing a roof. Lol.

Here's my last concrete project. Last Friday. As I said though, I let somebody else pour and finish!! Way too much work for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 378
I need a lot of concrete work done around my house. I need a patio and a driveway addition for a future parking spot for an RV. That and my primary driveway is cracking really bad, too.

I have called several concrete companies around the area and have gotten response from only one contractor. And he was insanely high priced.

Looks like I will be doing most of my own concrete work then. It's no fun but apparently I have little choice left.

Well, around here it cost right around $9.00 per square foot. It does seem high, but that is the going rate. That is with everything, rebar, forming, prep, concrete and finish. I figure by doing all but pour and finish saves me right around $6.00 of that, if not more. Well worth the sore muscles!

Well, around here it cost right around $9.00 per square foot. It does seem high, but that is the going rate. That is with everything, rebar, forming, prep, concrete and finish. I figure by doing all but pour and finish saves me right around $6.00 of that, if not more. Well worth the sore muscles!

In this area, there is a company advertising $3.50 sq. ft. all over their trucks. I used to see them working in Dallas all the time, but haven't stumbled across one lately. I have called them and sent in an email request for quoteand have yet to hear back from them. I guess I will have to jump in front of one of their trucks next time so I can get their attention.....

There are also many craigslist ads around here for concrete work. Patios, driveways, sidewalks....perfect. Not a single one will call me back except for Mr. I want $4500 for a small patio, which was going to be about $17 sq ft. no thanks....

17x31 Alaskan slab including excavation was 2300.

I put one of these on each side of my gambrel roof garage.

Just heard back from someone!!! Looks like I'll be forming and pushing my own concrete after all. This guy wants $1645. Bleh.

Now to find concrete delivery instead....

seems like it was just a couple years ago atound here construction came to a halt!! now some of these independent contractors ( not just concrete), had NO business, BUT if ya tried to get one to help ya at a "reasonable" price, all ya heard was they couldn't work for THAT! well I work for a lot LESS than " that"!!!! LOL well I guess times are semi booning and they are back to the high bid mentality!!????
I work in shed with dirt floor!! LOL! rained 2 inches last night. really need some concrete!!! when I get it, I will have to do it myself. maybe my construction neighbor will give a hand. maybe he will remember me helping him load cattle, etc??

the independant I used passed away, Getting someone to show up to a home is extremely difficult.
I ended up going to the local tool rental & laying down a yard & 1/4 at time-- still looks good after all these years. I think I put in 9 yards ,Lawrence

-
Back