**NEW Edelbrock Victor Series Small Block Heads**

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
I am curious if these heads have hit the market yet? They sell them supposedly in different configurations. I wonder what these flow straight from edelbrock in standard form and the difference in their ported versions. I would believe that you as normal would get more from them buying them Raw and having all the machining done by someone that knows what they are doing. Casting flaws I would think are the Normal Edelbrock signature on these heads as well.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/ddacbf6e#/ddacbf6e/16

View attachment Edelbrock Vicor SBM Heads.jpg

"They also feature the W5 bolt pattern and have raised exhaust ports". What does this mean? Looking at the head bolt holes, are they set up for a different head bolt pattern? Where are the front and rear most exhaust side headbolt holes?

"They also feature the W5 bolt pattern and have raised exhaust ports". What does this mean? Looking at the head bolt holes, are they set up for a different head bolt pattern? Where are the front and rear most exhaust side headbolt holes?

They have the extra head bolts for Aftermarket Blocks. You should be able to use these on a factory block, just dont use those head bolts.

They are not on the market yet. There was another thread on them yesterday, and I spent the whole day searching for them. They are supposed to be released in 2012. The runners are 59cc's bigger than the RPM heads. The intake valves are huge. These things should make some big power OOB. I was kind of wondering why their assembled heads for FT cams can only handle lift up to .575.

They are not on the market yet. There was another thread on them yesterday, and I spent the whole day searching for them. They are supposed to be released in 2012. The runners are 59cc's bigger than the RPM heads. The intake valves are huge. These things should make some big power OOB. I was kind of wondering why their assembled heads for FT cams can only handle lift up to .575.

I believe it would be because of the valve spring that they supply for the flat tappet cam.

It is, but you would think that on heads of that level, they would have them set up for more lift. Even with FT cams, most racers run ore lift than .575, and they are in the racing heads section og the catalog. I believe that .575 is the same that the RPM's are set up for. But then again, I guess most racers don't run the heads as they come OOB.

Anyone have any idea what their "Victor Pro Port" consists of?

I like the look of them. Especially the machined with valves setup. I dont think I've ever used the set that comes on the RPMs anyway. They are always upgraded one way or another and it saves the disassembly time for the valve job.

i wonder how much they will cost,i bet over two grand assembled.they look like they will use a rocker shaft yet it says 5/16 rocker studs,whats up with that?

will take a look at the price this after noon with my friend

hope it aint gonna go as high as the indy

i wonder how much they will cost,i bet over two grand assembled.they look like they will use a rocker shaft yet it says 5/16 rocker studs,whats up with that?

These are LA heads that use standard shafts, 5/16 hold downs are standard, you only torque them to like 18lbs.....

That "picture" is just a rendering. If they ever reach the market, they'll probably look different. Hopefully they decide to put all of the head bolt holes on the finished product. I imagine that since they are mostly hiden from this angle under the exhaust ports, the CAD guy just left them out of his drawing.

With a 2.15" intake valve, they will also have to move the valve over. That will raise the price of available rockers.

"End seal spacers provided"? Safe to assume that is from theports being raised?

Even though these are in the racing head section, I think they'd make great heads for my street 340. Now only if the make a dual plane intake for these I'd be parting with more of my money (though I'd sell my rpm heads first)

Yes, the ports are raised, and the intake faces moved in to keep the dimentions in place to use a stock dimension intake, but that lifts the intake higher off of the block. W5s and early W7s were like this and needed the spacers to seal the ends.

There is nothing to stop someone from using these heads on the street, but the ports are larger, and it will kill low end torque. Port velocity will be way down. I drove a race 340 on the street for a while in a Demon back in the 90s. It had no power under 3500 rpm. It was a total pain in the ***. With an automatic with the right converter, it's doable, but still not pleasant in traffic.

Putting a dual plane intake on these heads is just crapping money away, as far as I'm concerned. Buying race parts and then de-tuning the engine is a waste of time and money. Good running engines are about carefully selected combinations. Compromises make performance suffer, quickly. You'd probably be money ahead to stick with RPM heads.

Yes, the ports are raised, and the intake faces moved in to keep the dimentions in place to use a stock dimension intake, but that lifts the intake higher off of the block. W5s and early W7s were like this and needed the spacers to seal the ends.

There is nothing to stop someone from using these heads on the street, but the ports are larger, and it will kill low end torque. Port velocity will be way down. I drove a race 340 on the street for a while in a Demon back in the 90s. It had no power under 3500 rpm. It was a total pain in the ***. With an automatic with the right converter, it's doable, but still not pleasant in traffic.

Putting a dual plane intake on these heads is just crapping money away, as far as I'm concerned. Buying race parts and then de-tuning the engine is a waste of time and money. Good running engines are about carefully selected combinations. Compromises make performance suffer, quickly. You'd probably be money ahead to stick with RPM heads.

Exactly, race parts belong on the race track. Street parts can be used on the race track, sure enough, but full on race parts, like these heads wont make for a great street engine. The RPM's will make 650+HP, thats pretty good for a street engine!

Im saying this because I'm looking really hard at a supercharging the 340 as well as EFI for it.

Im saying this because I'm looking really hard at a supercharging the 340 as well as EFI for it.

IMO, (And not looking to start crap, but, ) Between the possible performance of the Edelbrock RPM head and a super charger on top of it? WOW! You can really blow some doors off with that set up. Considering the RPM head can port to 300 cfm, (And a little more) on a N/A engine, that is a possible 600 HP.

Drop the C-ratio to supercharger friendly status. Good LORD what kind of monster will you have?

Supercharging even ata low 8-10 psi can really add a great amount of power. Change a pulley for more boost, well, I'll just have to say, this is all out of my league and I think you'll need to take a good look at Mad Darts thread, the twin turbo thread. He's pumping in more time and money than I don't know what.

I do believe he is looking to make up to and around 800 rwhp.

Yea, it says it up top. The W5 also needed end seals. IMO, this could be a Edelbrock copy - ish like type head. The benefit would be cheaper production costs. That is the one thing that drove me crazy about Ma MoPar's equipment. A bit pricey.

The W2 was reasonable. But the added cost of offset rockers and a oval port was just yet another thorn in the side of getting a budget racer out there.

I talked to Smitty at Edelbrock at SEMA about the Victor SB Mopar heads.

None have been even casted in aluminum yet. Still in rapid prototype mold stage. Picture in book is just renendering. Might see something more at PRI in Dec.

-
Back