New engine

-

DartOS

Reaction score
Got the new 470 low deck installed. Can't believe the difference in room from the RB to the B. I can now replace the start without pulling the engine.

20190516_164021.jpg

20190516_164002.jpg

Yes. Heard about them for years. Never used them. Decided to try them out. Impressed. Pistons, rods, bearings and rings are name brand. Not sure about the crank. Been 6800rpm several times without any issues. So far!!!!!!
I'll get it to the track in the next couple weeks.

Last edited:
Not sure about the Schumacher headers. Hopefully they're not too restrictive. I had 2" TTI's on the 493 RB.

That's supposed one of the best sizes to build. and about the B fitment, you just cannot preach it to anyone whose not tried it. The difference is huge.

How much more power does it put out than an equally built 440 bored .030 over?

Whose tappet covers ?
Any leakage problems ?
Top Street Performance in Santa Fe, CA.
No leaks thus far. I'm not sure if all their covers have a slight(0.030" )bow in the middle or just the ones I received. I used 80 grit sticky back sand paper on a piece of Silstone counter top and worked them perfectly flat.

Last edited:
How much more power does it put out than an equally built 440 bored .030 over?
Without a dyno, I'd just be lying to you. The only 0.030" over 440 I had, had 915 heads. That was years ago. By the seat of the pants, this 470 seems a lot stronger.
It definitely spins up quicker than the 440.

Last edited:
-
Back