New Fish found!

-

Her1970

Reaction score
Thought I would put some info out about a 69 Barracuda I looked at in a barn. I will list the fender tag, and also how the car looks now. The car is a two owner car, with the 2nd owner buying it in 1971. So here we go.

R21 V78 END
G31 G33 J25 M21 M31 N85
A53 A86 B41 B51 C16 C55
E63 D21 BH29 H9B 104598

Now how the car looks, and is believed to have been this way from the beginning, as the 2nd owner again bought it with few miles in 1971. F8 Green, 383-S badge on front fender, dual hood scoop with black stripes on hood, 'cuda 383 call out on lower front fender, black lower stripes, tailpanel has fish emblem. Inside all green as fender tag suggests. Deluxe green interior, 4 speed with console, tach in gauge cluster, etc. Oh, and original wire spoke wheel covers.

Interesting, it appears that someone went to a lot of work to make this 383 Formula S Barracuda (A53) into a ‘cuda 383 (A57). It appears that they started with a Formula S then added the stripes and scoops. They then had to replace the Formula S finish panel with the a standard Barracuda one. The one thing that they didn’t change was the 383-S fender emblem as the ‘cuda would have had the fish emblem on the fender. Sounds like a great car by the way.

R21 V78 END
G31 G33 J25 M21 M31 N85
A53 A86 B41 B51 C16 C55

E63 D21 BH29 H9B 104598

You mentioned green, but the second line up on the tag is missing? It has the paint & interior codes.

383/ 335HP
4 spd A-833
Barracuda High Fastback 383
F8 Green
Deluxe Buckets in F8
August 01 build 68
Formula S
Interior Decor group
Front Disc Power Brakes
Console/Bucket seat "S" Package
Both outside mirrors
3-speed wipers
Roof Drip Moldings
Belt Moldings
Tach
AM/FM
Stripe Delete/ Should have 383S Badging on front fenders

Sounds like Fun in my Book! No Wheel lip Molding though!

Sounds like a 1 of 1!

The fact there are no photos makes it even more entertaining.

I doubt the owner of it is charging admission to show off his car (since there are no lights) nor is he just letting the county traipse through his garage. How much is he asking for it?

Sounds like a 1 of 1!

No, Green was Very popular on these cars. certainly far from 1 of 1. However 1 of 331 Minus color combo/option considerations!

No, Green was Very popular on these cars. certainly far from 1 of 1. However 1 of 331 Minus color combo/option considerations!

How would I go about finding out how many are like it? Breaking it down from the 331 number.

Sounds like a 1 of 1!

I doubt the owner of it is charging admission to show off his car (since there are no lights) nor is he just letting the county traipse through his garage. How much is he asking for it?

I will get some pictures posted once I can get it out in daylight. Really the pics I do have now are bad, dark, dusty and not much room to get a good shot, but.....shes all there! :thumbsup:

How would I go about finding out how many are like it? Breaking it down from the 331 number.

There are no break down past the 331 number.

there are just % options of all Barracudas OR by each model: BH23, BH27, BH29 (coupe, conv, Fastback)

not sure what the 1969 report looks like. Different years tabulate things differently.

I am very fond of green.

20170111_171105.jpg

That was the color I ended up with in the 70's. Can't think of having any other color.

Being as it is a special order car and he like going to the drag races; you would think he would have opted for a v8.

Your car has been around. Would be interesting to know how it got to Texas.

I grew up in Waynesboro Pennsylvania. Been to both US 30 and Mason-Dixon before I could even drive! Never ran a car down, just spectated.
Car sold out of Wrightsville, PA. Like you said, how did it get to Texas. I bought it out of South Carolina.

Thought I would put some info out about a 69 Barracuda I looked at in a barn. I will list the fender tag, and also how the car looks now. The car is a two owner car, with the 2nd owner buying it in 1971. So here we go.

R21 V78 END
G31 G33 J25 M21 M31 N85
A53 A86 B41 B51 C16 C55
E63 D21 BH29 H9B 104598

Now how the car looks, and is believed to have been this way from the beginning, as the 2nd owner again bought it with few miles in 1971. F8 Green, 383-S badge on front fender, dual hood scoop with black stripes on hood, 'cuda 383 call out on lower front fender, black lower stripes, tailpanel has fish emblem. Inside all green as fender tag suggests. Deluxe green interior, 4 speed with console, tach in gauge cluster, etc. Oh, and original wire spoke wheel covers.
That's a great find.
I live right by you.

-
Back