New G3 Hemi Block...

Mopar Racers Forum

1. yellow rose

yellow rose Overnight Sensation

Local Time:
    3:22 AM

LOL...I get it but once you woke up and got the hell outta there you didn’t have to look at them any more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • RockinRobin

RockinRobin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      5:22 AM
      As originally built by BES racing engines, it was probably about 650-700 HP although I never had it dynoed. Was running 6.38-6.45 8th mile back then footbraking. It ran 10.0 1/4 when I ran 1/4 mile. Currently torn down due to spun main bearing toasting the 4.250 stroke crank. The only one I could find in stock was 1,000 bucks. It just arrived at the machine shop today, so I hope to get the rotating assembly back in a few days and get the motor put back together.

• mopar65

mopar65 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      I think my friend told me the custom Dimond dome pistions for his 426 stroke gen 3 hemi was around $1800.

• twin 640

twin 640 Member

Local Time:
      4:22 AM
      Any hemi vs a wedge style head is apples to oranges!
      Any w series heads is at least 5-6 k to assemble for racing only.I know I own 3 sets because they are garbage! Indy cylinder heads are the only la style head to own! Period.The lytek Gen 3 head is absolutely awesome but it’s all in the lumpy stick and tune.Old muscle cars are just what they are old technology but still really cool.2005 300c 5.7 with a 4.050 stroke and rods and pistons litek heads and a victor intake with a custome tune and it makes 682 hp on pump gas since 200,000 km I put a pro charger on it and made almost 800 hp all day long and never open the hood once a week.my old dart was a 609 with ira-6 and twin turbo but I don’t miss the old junk one bit.a block is about 1100 crank is 900 and rods are 700 and will take 1000hp all day long.1/4 the price of old junk to make that kind of power and can’t tune it in 2 minutes.

• twin 640

twin 640 Member

Local Time:
      Oh and my gas mileage went way up with the stroker set up and cruise control with a/c on is just super cool

• PredaFran

PredaFran Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      This is what modern muscle xtreme told me when I sent them an email regarding block durability, BGE stands for Big gas engine(part number for the truck shortblock is 68226133AA ) which comes in the 2014-2019 RAM 2500 6.4 Trucks, the hellcats and the 392 scat packs from 2018 onward. just rip the pistons and rods and throw new ones, a cam and she's absolutely ready for some good eating. the heads on the G3 Hemi are so good they don't even need to be touched, hell Mopar uses the stock rockers and rocker shafts that come in the 6.4 for the hellcat and elephant. the Gen 3 aftermarket is huge now so it is definitely a cheaper engine to build than the LA. CNC motorsports and HHP have a lot of internals and stroker kits ($2,313.95 for a stroker kit that will punch out a 5.7L to 6.4L) for nice prices that will do more horsepower than any of us need so as much as I love my current 5.9 If i ever get the itch for more power it will be with a G3 hemi
      gen3hemi.png

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
      • Like Like x 2
      • twin 640

twin 640 Member

Local Time:

• twin 640

twin 640 Member

Local Time:
        Lmao la engine! A numbers matching application or class is cool.The w series heads are assembled using many parts that are very expensive.I have race w2 heads that are so expensive to assemble it’s foolish to even think about.Im not asking because I have the parts list from mopar performance. The B1 ts heads from brodix are the same way$$$$$ w8 and w9 are also big big dollars.old technology as the years progress.I have been racing mopar for 30 plus years
        And have tried most combinations.now days it’s a tune and a pulley on these long skirted Gen lll hemi that can handle 1200 hp all day long and still get 20 mpg with the a/c on while having all the options like remote start and DVD players.carbrated is of the museum.The factory 1968 hemi cars run high tens and got 4 mpg on a good day.gen lll 6.2 with some tuning and injectors runs mid 10 and I’m not asking you! Hemispheric combustion chamber is second to no wedge style head not even the 600-13.Remember it was hemi that powered nascar to all those victories and hemi that powers all the top classes in drag racing.16 parts air to 1 part fuel only the hemi can get close to this.a very long vacuum signal with the hemispherical combustion chamber.again I’m not asking bench google racing people.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
        • ebigga67

ebigga67 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          That’s funny because last week I was at an all mopar race with the ubiquitous Yellowrose and he pointed out all the 12 second Gen III hemi cars running there. The vast majority were 12 second cars. I think there was one high 10 second car there, a few 11 second cars there and the rest were 12’s. Some were even slower.

• Agree Agree x 2
          • '68cuda416

'68cuda416 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
            Do you drink much???? LOL

• Like Like x 1
            • twin 640

twin 640 Member

Local Time:

• twin 640

twin 640 Member

Local Time:
              Yes rate after I go 1320 feet in 6 flat!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
              • Scody21

Scody21 Just send it

Local Time:
                Right, there were a few that sounded really mean off the line, then ya see the time and your like, that’s it? The old school cars were cooler. Anyone with money can go buy a hell cat. The oid stuff has been rebuilt so many times, and there still out pounding pavement.
                That alcohol funny car the young lady was driving for her license was sick. And Yellowrose, like a kid in a candy store...

As for building a 1200 HP gen 3, I bet all day long, but this is like building a 1200hp LS, again all day long.

LA SBM Vs Gen 3 hemi
                apples vs bananas

And 6 flat out of 1200hp in a 4K pound challenger? Better share what your smokin, cus it must be good...

• twin 640

twin 640 Member

Local Time:
                I never said anything about any challenger or any other model kid.ood old mopars are cool as hell and sound better then the new smaller hemi. The ss/aa cars are at the top of technology as far as that type of thing goes. I’m talking gen lll power and reliability.im not insulting old muscle mopars lol.a lot of stuff here on this site is utter bullshit from inexperienced tire kickers.all I’m telling you is a new gen lll hemi will do low 9’s passes on pump gas with stock suspension No 426 440 will ever come close to that lmao I tried with a 600 cubic inch twin turbo ira-6 aluminum Indy mega block.technology has come so far since the 70 bud.Think about it 1000 hp with a gen lll on 94 octaine with a/c on cruising at 20 plus miles per gallon.who wants to constantly work on an old la engine constantly to keep it going. Old technology is just what it is old.son I have worked on the little red wagon the wheelie show truck so pay attention and take the notes.

• Like Like x 1
                • 448Scamp

448Scamp Running Free

Local Time:

Not speaking for ebigga67 but reading his post again he said he was at the track and didn’t see any 9 second Gen III Hemi’s. There are many 9 second pump gas street driven cars out there that aren’t Gen III Hemi’s. And inferring that the Hemi head is far and away better than any wedge head is preposterous. Especially in NA form. How did the one Hemi in Pro Stock do this weekend in Sonoma? He stunk the place up, and that head is more of a wedge than a Hemi.

• Scody21

Scody21 Just send it

Local Time:
                  It was Mopar’s only at Woodburn, OR last weekend. So yeah, not any 9.0 pump gas modern Mopar’s. Most of the time, when you see a 9.000 Street car it is a Cheby with an LS. Cheap thrills / builds and tons of aftermarket support. Not so much for modern Mopar’s....

How’d the hemi cars do in top fuel?

• twin 640

twin 640 Member

Local Time:
                  Well I guess that one track day will decide everything lmao. I guess there is no mopars left in society.Topfuel! Kid you need to tell the rest of the world as you have the only track.lmao

• 408 swinger

408 swinger FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
                  tenor.gif

• Agree Agree x 1
                  • twin 640

twin 640 Member

Local Time:
                    I guess if I need to explain to you about wedge vs hemi then you are very inexperienced in the engine knowledge. The Indy 600-13 is probably the greatest wedge head available.Its no comparison to a hemi ira component. You can not afford to build power with top of the line part so you justify it with ignorance and bias opinions lmao this stuff has been dominating for years. Ray Barton Indy cylinder heads muscle motors have put millions into research and development to solidify the market. SS/AA hold unmatched technology and it’s with good proven reason it’s a hemi.when hemi was first produced it was 30 years ahead of its time in technology lmao you keep beating the street in your low budget junk kid leave the records to the big boys. Go adjust the floats in the old girl for a 7-11 taquito run.

• twin 640

twin 640 Member

Local Time:
                    Lmfao dear weld wheels is it possible to order a set of red convo pro wheels 15x8 on 5x4.0? I have a spray can left over for colour matching?

• 448Scamp

448Scamp Running Free

Local Time:

This has become silly if not insulting. If you think the 600-13 is the pinnacle of wedge heads you need to share with Scody21 what you’re smoking. Wrong bore spacing to start with. I can find 10 off the shelf GM heads that make that head look stupid for the same or less money.
                    Let me know when you start burning fuel. Then it will matter what the Hemi does. And as Scody21 pointed out above, the LS is much more represented with 9 second and quicker pump gas stuff than the Hemi. And yes, it’s the bedeviled wedge head.
                    The Hemi holds its own with some form of supercharging. NA it can’t compete with a wedge. Not even close.

• twin 640

twin 640 Member

Local Time:
                    Bwahahahaha lmao hahahahahahahahahaha you know absolutely nothing lmao you insulted yourself in front of the world LS is absolutely 100% Junk lmao y is a chev guy on a mopar site other then to argue and cause trouble! Go to your chev pages.steam from cow shit has more brains then you do lmao

• Scody21

Scody21 Just send it

Local Time:
                    Clearly a knowitall. I’ve always said to each their own. I’ll keep to my 50 year old small block Mopar junk, while you clearly continue to pound sand...

• twin 640

twin 640 Member

Local Time:
                    I pound pavement and I also said to each his own.I also have never mentioned any Chevy products as I was not aware this was a Chevy page as well.I only run mopar for 35 plus years and would never run any chev product if it was free.I also own a 68 mopar. If I knew it all I wouldn’t be here but I have picked up a trick or two.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
                    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.