New G3 Hemi Block...

-
Well I guess that one track day will decide everything lmao. I guess there is no mopars left in society.Topfuel! Kid you need to tell the rest of the world as you have the only track.lmao

I don't normally chime in much, but after reading this entire thread, I can't help myself. I think you are the kind of guy, that a community forum like this, is better off without. Does it make you feel like a big man to come on here and act like a 10yr old ? Damn it's embarrassing to me, as a member, to read some of the posts in this thread. Grow up. Not all your **** is the greatest thing on Earth, and not everybody else's **** is junk. And vice versa. I started reading this thread because I own/run big Mopar, small Mopar, early Hemi, and 3G Hemi 6.1. Was interesting until a couple guys started the stupid ****. I come to these forums, FABO and FBBO, to get away from that crap, as I suspect many others do. So I say, to guys like you that just want to rag on the stuff that this forum was built on, just go away.

Ok, so now we are comparing time slips....Seems like your 60ft is really good, but it runs out of steam on the bigger end.

IMG_20200919_204643_2-1.jpg

Ok, so now we are comparing time slips....Seems like your 60ft is really good, but it runs out of steam on the bigger end.

View attachment 1715844016

Timing is a big issue with my 408 on Pump gas , I pull it back to 18* once it gets over 6500rpms , Going to try a drag pak intake and a Wilson TB in the spring. I think there's a 9.90 in the combo with 22-24* on 100oct

Timing is a big issue with my 408 on Pump gas , I pull it back to 18* once it gets over 6500rpms , Going to try a drag pak intake and a Wilson TB in the spring. I think there's a 9.90 in the combo with 22-24* on 100oct
If your hitting 6.35 in the 1/8th, you have a 9.99 combo....6.30 to hit that 9.90....Very fun times ahead when you running that fast!

Called Dart Machine the other day, and the Plandemic set them back some getting this new block released, but the block is due to be out early 2023....Very interested in this at say 473 cubes.....Why 473 you ask, because after that you get into a weird thrust bearing and crank requirement I would rather not deal with. I asked if they could release some more info on their website, and he said they might have it at Sema 2022, but I didn't hear if they did.

If your hitting 6.35 in the 1/8th, you have a 9.99 combo....6.30 to hit that 9.90....Very fun times ahead when you running that fast!

Called Dart Machine the other day, and the Plandemic set them back some getting this new block released, but the block is due to be out early 2023....Very interested in this at say 473 cubes.....Why 473 you ask, because after that you get into a weird thrust bearing and crank requirement I would rather not deal with. I asked if they could release some more info on their website, and he said they might have it at Sema 2022, but I didn't hear if they did.

I wouldn’t hold my breath on that. Dart can’t make a BBC block. Why would they bump a GIII Hemi in front of a part that will outsell the Hemi 500:1? It’s probably more than that even.

Dart is well over a year out on BBC’s right now.

Just relaying the info I got right from Dart.

I don't follow the Chevy stuff so I can't tell you anything about that, but at some point the market gets saturated and new products are needed.

Just relaying the info I got right from Dart.

I don't follow the Chevy stuff so I can't tell you anything about that, but at some point the market gets saturated and new products are needed.

I agree. But when you are 60 weeks out and counting for a pretty basic BBC you have bigger issues than getting a new product to the market.

I‘m sure some are getting out, but the back order list is rediculous.

I agree. But when you are 60 weeks out and counting for a pretty basic BBC you have bigger issues than getting a new product to the market.

I‘m sure some are getting out, but the back order list is rediculous.
You must be feeling better lol

If the gen 3 hemi had a better bigger bore I'd want to build one.
I had to sleeve a 5.7 cylinder a month ago after cutting out the overall sleeve diameter there was easily .150-.200 bore left

You must be feeling better lol

I did go outside today. Just long enough to get my dirty laundry out of the truck so I could do that.

Tomorrow the goal is get out there and look in that tank and see how hard the water is.

Then, if I’m not feeling too puny, I’ll hang the weight, calibrate the dyno and then probably need a nap!!

Thats the plan for now.

I did go outside today. Just long enough to get my dirty laundry out of the truck so I could do that.

Tomorrow the goal is get out there and look in that tank and see how hard the water is.

Then, if I’m not feeling too puny, I’ll hang the weight, calibrate the dyno and then probably need a nap!!

Thats the plan for now.
Cool. Good thing it's cold or that dirty laundry could've been bad

Talked to a gentleman at the Dart booth this year PRI about the G3 block. They had experienced porosity in the cam tunnels. Fixed that. Supposedly, there are a couple in the hands of builders set to dyno test completed engines. Sounds like availability is a long ways off yet. I'm in total agreement with Rat. Is they're behind on Big Chevy stuff, when the hell can we expect the G3 stuff? He did say that there was a LOT of interest though.

Talked to a gentleman at the Dart booth this year PRI about the G3 block. They had experienced porosity in the cam tunnels. Fixed that. Supposedly, there are a couple in the hands of builders set to dyno test completed engines. Sounds like availability is a long ways off yet. I'm in total agreement with Rat. Is they're behind on Big Chevy stuff, when the hell can we expect the G3 stuff? He did say that there was a LOT of interest though.
So they are still going to come out with one then....I will tell you, at nearly 500 cubes, these things will run with a lot of BBM's....They have the head flow numbers, and they are over all, lighter...

So they are still going to come out with one then....I will tell you, at nearly 500 cubes, these things will run with a lot of BBM's....They have the head flow numbers, and they are over all, lighter...
I didn't ask the weight of the block. It has to be heavier than a stock block because of siamese bores, thicker decks, and such. He said it would take a 4.25 bore and accept a 4.25 stroke. That's 482 cubes. Standard bore is like 4.07(?), I think. Probably finish hone to 4.09, which is std. bore 6.4.

You can get a stock block at a junkyard for about $200 nowadays. Get the pre VVT one and put aluminum eagle heads on it. Mine is .030 over stock bore and 4.25 stroke. with no power adders it puts my Duster down the 8th mile in the 6.40's
You can probably find the Eagle heads in the junkyard, too.

Big tire Duster with a 512/400 with 440Source stroker with girdle...4.56 gears, 33 tire, Dana 60, 2750lbs car weight, Indy ported heads, and a Comp cam. w/727 and some good internals..Nothing fancy...MagnumForce front end.

Big tire Duster with a 512/400 with 440Source stroker with girdle...4.56 gears, 33 tire, Dana 60, 2750lbs car weight, Indy ported heads, and a Comp cam. w/727 and some good internals..Nothing fancy...MagnumForce front end.
I thought you were running a gen III hemi, my mistake. Your setup looks very much like mine, except for the 415 hemi stroker, stock front end and I'm 100 lbs. heavier.

-
Back