New guy from Cali with oil pan fitment woes

-

forron53

Reaction score
Greetings all,forron53 out in Nor Cal with a 69 Dart. In the process of installing a first Gen 392 Hemi into the Dart. All things coming along great except for the oil pan . Yup , sitting right in the middle of the drag link. Has anyone out there tried this one yet? I know there isn't a rear drop sump made that will fit with the right clearance and the newer engines with the center drop pan won't work so, Iam thinking we will have to do a mock-up and modify the existing pan similar to a drag race pan. Still cheaper than buying a drag pan. Any thoughts out there?

Greetings all,forron53 out in Nor Cal with a 69 Dart. In the process of installing a first Gen 392 Hemi into the Dart. All things coming along great except for the oil pan . Yup , sitting right in the middle of the drag link. Has anyone out there tried this one yet? I know there isn't a rear drop sump made that will fit with the right clearance and the newer engines with the center drop pan won't work so, Iam thinking we will have to do a mock-up and modify the existing pan similar to a drag race pan. Still cheaper than buying a drag pan. Any thoughts out there?
Welcome! I am putting a gen 3 in a 72 Dart, I have thread going in the new Hemi swap tab. Anyway I ran into a similiar issue and purchased a custom oil pan from HDK. I swapped to tubular Knframe as well. Not sure he has a oil pan for your application but it is worth a shot.

Welcome! I am putting a gen 3 in a 72 Dart, I have thread going in the new Hemi swap tab. Anyway I ran into a similiar issue and purchased a custom oil pan from HDK. I swapped to tubular Knframe as well. Not sure he has a oil pan for your application but it is worth a shot.
Dang auto correct!! Dart is actually Demon hah!

-
Back