New Guy From SoCal

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all - Just joined and wanted to say 'hi' to all of you. I'm just getting started on a '69 Dart - 2nd time around with a Dart. Had a '69 340 Swinger that I originally bought used in October '69. Yep, only a couple of months old then. Built the car for the SoCal streets back during the early '70s and then parked it following the 1st gas crunch. Got stupid and cut it up to build a NHRA Super Street class car and then had to park the project again during a divorce. Kept the house and kids, kept the car, got rid of the ex. Only problem was the single income didn't leave enough to finish the car.
Remarried a few years later but new wife didn't have the interest the ex had in racing - so got even stupider and sold the car about 90% finished.
Fast forward to now and I got the bug to have my Mopar back! Found a clean solid '69 hardtop that started life as a V8 270. Came with a b-body 8.75, new 380hp 360 crate, fresh 727, decent but semi-rough interior, and a bunch of 'toys' the previous owner bought but never got around to installing (he lost interest and took the purchase money for an extended vacation). Good for me!
Plans call for frame connectors and minitubs, narrow the 8.75, get a few more ponies out of the crate motor, new interior, find a good body and paint guy to straighten up a few issues with the exterior (terrible color Maaco paint job), glass 6-pack hood (or maybe hemi scoop hood), maybe a 6-8 point cage, tires, wheels, and look out OC!
Going to be smallblock fun again!!
I'll be asking lots of questions on things I'm not 100% up to speed on and know I can count on lots of great tips from what I've read so far.
More later.....

Welcome to the site !!!!

Lots of cool folks around these parts.8)

Jump on in !!!!

Make sure to come up to the Fall Fling Mopar show Saturday Novemeber 10, 2007

Here's the show flyer: www.cpwclub.com/ff07flyer.pdf

There will be tons of Mopar swap vendors with all kinds of items for your car. Its the largest Mopar only swap west of Mississippi and it's only an hour or so from OC.

There will be tons of cars in the show field to check out and get ideas from too. Also there's a lot of FABO members in attendence.

Some Midway Vendors at last Fall Fling (others are expected to add):

TTI Exhaust
Just Dashes Dash and vinyl trim restoration
Ano Brite
Mopar Collector's Guide
The Mopar Shop general Mopar resto parts and restoration sevices
Glendora Dodge -MP parts, mopar parts, new cars
SSnake Oyl Products
Red Line Gaugeworks
Double D -Wenol Polish
Team Racing
Frank's Mopar Restoration