New guy from up north

-

Scotty67

Reaction score
Hey everyone....longtime Mopar fan checking in. I signed up because I'm thinking of buying a 65 Valiant and am hoping to educate myself prior to making the deal.
If there is any specific threads here on buying tips, please let me know?

The car is a basic 2 door post with a slant 6 auto. I know it needs floors and frame work but the body, trim and interior all look ok. I've located floor & frame goodies at Auto Body Specialty, but haven't been able to find anyone who sells body panels for this car. I sense that there aren't a lot of parts out there for these cars, so I'd like to be very careful in this buy. Also wondering what the availability of run of the mill parts are like (brakes, suspension etc)
Do earlier A bodies share mechanical parts with the late 60's models?

Any suggestions regarding key problem areas would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

I have a 65 Dart, you would be suprised at what Canada tire can get. I rebuilt my entire brake system from Canada Tire. You just need to find a counterman that knows how to work the system

Welcome aboard, Jump on in and enjoy eh! We have many great Canadian members here as you can see .

Welcome aboard from another Canuck! Just my opinion but there seems to be a lot of stuff from the early to mid 60's that can be specific to make/model/year. It might create quite a few headaches, but that said, the enjoyment is in the hunt right?? Just another note, if the frame and the floor is shot, be careful how much you pay for the car. For sheet metal, check out Auto Metal Direct, pretty much the best in the business right now. Here is their link
https://www.autometaldirect.com/

Nigel at National Moparts 705 426 2993 is a good guy with lots of resources and is an AMD dealer.

4spdragtop

Welcome aboard from another Canuck! Just my opinion but there seems to be a lot of stuff from the early to mid 60's that can be specific to make/model/year. It might create quite a few headaches, but that said, the enjoyment is in the hunt right?? Just another note, if the frame and the floor is shot, be careful how much you pay for the car. For sheet metal, check out Auto Metal Direct, pretty much the best in the business right now. Here is their link
https://www.autometaldirect.com/

Nigel at National Moparts 705 426 2993 is a good guy with lots of resources and is an AMD dealer.

4spdragtop

Xs 2
Also lots of great people on this site willing to help out with parts and advice. And welcome!

Hey everyone - thanks for the welcome and tips. Not sure if this car will pan out or not but one thing is for sure, I can see an A Body of some type in my garage someday. I've always been a fan of the mid 60's Valiant's, late 60's Darts and the early 70's Dusters. I love the E bodies too, but I cant afford one of those.
Now to find one I can afford to build that wont break the bank.

I'm another Canadian newcomer to FABO, from out west. I haven't found the right one yet but I'm starting to look for a first-generation Valiant. Ideally, it would be a '62 Signet but I like them all, even the wagons.

Hanging around here, I hope to learn about these cars from you folks who are enjoying them - and maybe snag a good one that comes up for sale.

In the early '70s, I had my first and second collisions while driving my dad's '66 Valiant sedan, both pretty minor smashes. Poor guy, I then crashed his '69 Bel Air. My own teenage son recently wrecked my '95 BMW - what goes around, comes around, right?

Welcome to the best Mopar site out there from a fellow Canuck now transplanted. Grew up in Soo Ont with a 70 340 Duster in high school. Where are you in the Great White North?

.........................welcome..................u will find all the help u need right here on fabo...............kim.......

Welcome to FABO, i don't know much about the early A bodies, but lots of people on here do. Maybe start asking questions in those forums to start.

-
Back