New guy, old gear head from SoCal.

-

blueduster

Reaction score
Hi guys, David from Vista, CA. I've been a visitor often but never joined because I didn't have an A-body. I've had 2 Darts and 2 Dusters but that was before I knew about this site. I had a 66 Satellite for several years and have been into 4x4ing the last 12 years with a 79 Ramcharger. My dd is a 06 Charger R/T-great car but really want another classic. A 67-69 Barracuda is our first choice. It will be this fall at earliest before we buy-we're finishing the improvements on our house to sell and upgrade this summer or fall. But I wanted to join now and start reading and watching the classifieds.
I've been a Mopar parts guy for 15 years, grew up with cars and wrenching and raced in NHRA sportsmen and Craftsman series in NV and CA through the 90s and early 00s. Got hooked on 4x4s and still do a lot of that, been a member or Ramchargercentral.com since 2004.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 79
welcome to the fray - i had a 79 TrailDuster - they're great trucks - is yours full time 4x4?

Thanks guys.

Truck started as a part-time truck. I swapped in 1984 part time axles, 360/5spd out of a 96 Ram 2500 and a Dana 300 from a CJ-7. I have put OD trannies in several of my old rides over the years.

one of these two themes is what i have in mind to build.

Attachments

• IMG_1570[1].jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1576[1].jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 52
-
Back