New hi-flow cast-iron water pump

-

BillGrissom

Reaction score
Early owners have long been looking for a better water pump. I just ran across a new hi flow cast-iron one by FlowKooler ($99). It lets you keep your pwr steering pump, pulleys, and radiator, as is. 16-bladed anodized aluminum impeller, sounds better than their prior products that sometimes failed. From their website http://www.flowkoolerwaterpumps.com...dge,Plymouth,-<br>(1957-70)/product_info.html :

After a year of development, Flowkooler is pleased to announce the introduction of the new sixteen blade CNC machined aluminum impeller for Small Block Plymouth, Chrysler and Dodge. With the increased vane count and a substantial reduction in the impeller-casting clearance we are able to achieve greater flow rates, higher head pressure and a more efficient flow than our longstanding shrouded 1701design.

Too late for me since I changed to an alum w.p. in my 273, then dealt with numerous accessory & pulley issues as a result.

I like it but it would be better if it was aluminum so we could save a couple of pounds.

I tried a hi flow pump from flo kooler a few years back and all it did was wear out the aluminum timing chain housing real quick. I suppose the flow was better but it didn't help to cool the engine any better.

-
Back