New Holley spreadbore FI

-
That’s always the question. The cam only say that the ones that have made the change over and set there FI units up right swear and shout they’ll never go back to a carb ever again.

Now a spreadbore FI unit is interesting. It kind of pulls at the TQ & QJ lovers and the small primary half.

My buddy ran Holley's FI on a blower motor and it would not work
and here is why, he had a 4 speed lenco and when he would cruise down the road and grab the next gear he never gave it more gas and with the extra load on the motor it would lean out and pop back and throw the belt every time. Holley sent him many calibrations and none would work. He went back to 2 4 bbl's and it never happened again.

My buddy ran Holley's FI on a blower motor and it would not work
and here is why, he had a 4 speed lenco and when he would cruise down the road and grab the next gear he never gave it more gas and with the extra load on the motor it would lean out and pop back and throw the belt every time. Holley sent him many calibrations and none would work. He went back to 2 4 bbl's and it never happened again.
General information there. What Holley efi, what year was it made? Early model? The Lenco is a racing trans suggesting a race car. The above Holley FInis obviously (IMO) a replacement style low power unit.

What does throwing belts have to do with anything? LOL!
Holley sent him calibration mods? These are self learning.
Your casting a shadowy doubt based off another’s experience of how long ago on a older system?

General information there. What Holley efi, what year was it made? Early model? The Lenco is a racing trans suggesting a race car. The above Holley FInis obviously (IMO) a replacement style low power unit.

What does throwing belts have to do with anything? LOL!
Holley sent him calibration mods? These are self learning.
Your casting a shadowy doubt based off another’s experience of how long ago on a older system?

It was a couple years ago but my point is FI wont richen up with a instant load change you have to give it more throttle to get more fuel. Holley said it would work with his set up and they had all the engine and car info to give him a start point when he bought it. The only way to monitor load change is with a MAF sensor that's why cars have them for driveability. When I said throwing the belt off I mean blower belt, it would back fire and break the belt at $200 each and he went through 6 or more before he gave up. It was his driving habits, if he would give it more throttle while grabbing the next gear it would probably be fine but he was trying to not do that.
He spent a lot of $ and it was a dual FI unit on a 6-71 and 540 cu in.

Yikes! LMAO...

Well, I had the same issue with carbs acting the same way. The electronic can operate only so fast. Comparing a 540 blown twin FInset up is a lot different than a basic replacement set up.

I think your being unfair in this.

I’d like to hear from the NA Holley Sniper users. As I really don’t think the “Quadrajet FI” unit is set up for any type of pressurized induction.

-
Back