New Innovative Tire Valve Stem....

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Why didn't someone think of this sooner?
NEW TYPE VALVE STEM.jpg

If you unscrew the stem out of them....they also make a nice vent for them stupid *** new gas cans! :)
OH MAN!!! YOU HAVE DONE IT WHY IN THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe 'ell didn't I think of THAT!!

If you unscrew the stem out of them....they also make a nice vent for them stupid *** new gas cans! :)
Good idea..453 drill bit is all you need next. Or not. 1/2 i think works.

OH MAN!!! YOU HAVE DONE IT WHY IN THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe 'ell didn't I think of THAT!!

After you drill the hole (I use a 1/2" butterfly bit), just run a bendable piece of wire thru it, and out the pour spout. Then run it thru the cap end of the valve stem and put just enough of a kink in the wire at the bottom of the stem to hold it. Pull it back thru the can until it pokes thru the hole you drilled....and pop it in place. Pull your wire out....and you got a vent! :D

the wife had a flat tire last weekend

now, this was on the charger, one that we have 2 sets of rims for, one with winter tires and one with summer tires
and wouldnt you know, i hadnt gotten round to swapping the summer tires back on so this seemed a good time to do it

so i went out to the shed to get the summer tires and the first one had a nail in it
the second one was good
the third one had a nail it in
the fourth one had a phillips head bit in it

upload_2021-9-30_9-32-46.gif

then i remembered i had taken those wheels off last fall and swapped the winter tires on to have them fixed and they refused to because the tires were "too old"

i must have intended to run the winter tires and get new summer tires in the spring...and clean forgot about it

After you drill the hole (I use a 1/2" butterfly bit), just run a bendable piece of wire thru it, and out the pour spout. Then run it thru the cap end of the valve stem and put just enough of a kink in the wire at the bottom of the stem to hold it. Pull it back thru the can until it pokes thru the hole you drilled....and pop it in place. Pull your wire out....and you got a vent! :D
Thanks. My first "try" with tank vents was to buy a bag of them on egag. I still have them. They are made like the original "snap in" yellow vents EXCEPT they are poorly made and don't "snap." So they are not very positive. I gripped to the seller and got a bunch of grief. Finally got a refund through egag. They are junk. No idea why I have not thrown them out

What’s the catch? To simple must be a catch somewhere LOL:rofl:

No catch! Newer plastic gas jugs don't have a vent, and they won't pour worth a crap. Just go buy a rubber valve stem, take your valve stem core remover and take the core out. Drill a half inch hole up high....somewhere behind the handle, and then put it in using the instructions in post # 8. When you need to pour gas, all you have to do is unscrew the little black plastic cap off the valve stem, and you have a vent!

No catch! Newer plastic gas jugs don't have a vent, and they won't pour worth a crap. Just go buy a rubber valve stem, take your valve stem core remover and take the core out. Drill a half inch hole up high....somewhere behind the handle, and then put it in using the instructions in post # 8. When you need to pour gas, all you have to do is unscrew the little black plastic cap off the valve stem, and you have a vent!
I can see that. It’s just so simple and so obvious that it’s almost unbelievable LOL

I don't know if you guys have Tractor Supply stores in Canada, but they sell replacement nozzle kits, and they include a few of the little yellow flip top vents in the package.

:thumbsup:

-
Back