New Machine for doing blocks

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
New Rottler style machine for Boring . square decking, line bore, and lifter bores. My son has been wanting to do blocks at home. Now it will be possible. All we need now is a power hone and a balance machine.

s-l1600 (22).jpg

s-l1600 (23).jpg

s-l1600 (24).jpg

s-l1600 (25).jpg

s-l1600 (26).jpg

s-l1600 (27).jpg

s-l1600 (28).jpg

s-l1600 (29).jpg

s-l1600 (30).jpg

I'm sitting here this morning trying to think if I have enough money to get a rattle can of paint and some blue tape at Bi-Mart and I see this! LOL
I WISH.....

I'm sitting here this morning trying to think if I have enough money to get a rattle can of paint and some blue tape at Bi-Mart and I see this! LOL
I WISH.....
WHAT??? Your rich! You run twice as many carbs on YOUR car than i do mine :(

Very nice ! Its great to see more people investing in equipment to perpetuate our hobby.
Otherwise Mopars would go the way of buggy builders.

WHAT??? Your rich! You run twice as many carbs on YOUR car than i do mine :(
The front carb is the one that came with the 318 that came with the car and the rear carburetor is one that a Chevy guy gave me as scrap metal because the choke wouldn't work. It's the one I use for the choke, I put the whole 12 volts do it.

The front carb is the one that came with the 318 that came with the car and the rear carburetor is one that a Chevy guy gave me as scrap metal because the choke wouldn't work. It's the one I use for the choke, I put the whole 12 volts do it.
but your pickup is a club cab, mine is a regular cab. See?? :D

I'm glad your son wants to do this, and I'm glad you can do it with him. He will be part of keeping the hobby alive. Just yesterday I went to a speed shop for some parts. Talking with the guy at the counter, between him and the other 3 machinists they have over 140 years experience there. We got talking about getting some youth there to learn and carry on. He said they have tried, but they all want to start at the top. They just can't get anybody who is really interested. Your son has obviously learned as he has grown by watching and working with Dad. Congratulations on that. He is a form of a legacy in the making.

Now, what block do you plan on starting with?!?!

A Chevy 350 of course

That way, if he screws it up, he can junk it and not feel bad (and if he doesn't screw it up, he can junk it and not feel bad aswell)

I'm glad your son wants to do this, and I'm glad you can do it with him. He will be part of keeping the hobby alive. Just yesterday I went to a speed shop for some parts. Talking with the guy at the counter, between him and the other 3 machinists they have over 140 years experience there. We got talking about getting some youth there to learn and carry on. He said they have tried, but they all want to start at the top. They just can't get anybody who is really interested. Your son has obviously learned as he has grown by watching and working with Dad. Congratulations on that. He is a form of a legacy in the making.

Mega block we have on the shelf for ourselves. But Dave has a 400 crate engine for the valiant. and we have a Honda dart race block has to get done for an Integra turbo build. seen here in the back ground.

DSCN2869.JPG

I knew you had a little car tucked away somewhere! I figured that would be the first project. Sounds like you have a few ready to tackle, so the cost of the investment is getting cheaper by the job!

My son is a class A machinist. schooled on CNC and manual. Also welding school. he welds anything even spray welds cast. You would not believe the things he cuts on the plasma cam. and a CNC 5 axis mill. He just likes building Motors and seeing what they run.

My small block went 6 yrs at 8500 shifts and the recall seen 9300 . The car was wrecked and the motor is still in good condition. The most important part of a build is Clean Clean Clean. And then Clean again. and then after cleaning every part gets bagged. He strains new oil when pouring it in.

The nitro dragster for the shop gets new oil every time it is fired even if it just idles for warm up. That is the way Dave taught him.

I just made him and started him racing nationally at 13 yrs old . ATV's , Sprints. and bracket. We met Dave when he started building our motors. Dave took him in and taught him everything about machining. Harleys, D10 dozer's . Hemi Top fuel. oval track motors , Diesel pulling motors, pouring babbit. and street bike motors. He knows them all the tricks thanks to Dave.

I use to love traveling to all the states racing.

spoiler pics 744.jpg

spoiler pics 745.jpg

scan0002.jpg

spoiler pics 570.jpg

steve 007.jpg

steve 008.jpg

spoiler pics 653.jpg

Damn, that bites. Oh well, maybe another will pop up. Now that your interest is peaked, you'll spot one elsewhere!

New Rottler style machine for Boring . square decking, line bore, and lifter bores. My son has been wanting to do blocks at home. Now it will be possible. All we need now is a power hone and a balance machine.

View attachment 1715163630

View attachment 1715163631

View attachment 1715163632

View attachment 1715163633

View attachment 1715163634

View attachment 1715163635

View attachment 1715163636

View attachment 1715163637

View attachment 1715163638
NICE ...a serious piece of equipment,....

-
Back