New Member - 67 Barracuda

-

BillyNW

Reaction score
Hello from the Seattle area,

Today, I finally joined FABO after a few months of anonymous forum research and part-seeking. I can't wait to dig into the community knowledge further!

Just back in September I picked up a complete, but non-running 1967 Barracuda Formula S. It's in a bit of a tired state all around, with a few missing interior panels and some rust in the common places, but is otherwise straight and ready for my first start-to-finish restoration project.

I was also happy to see (under the cheap, peeling red paint) the original LL-1 Dark Turquoise showing through under the hood, around the engine bay, and inside the doors. Hopefully I can find someone with a good match for that and bring it back to its awesome factory color!

I'm looking forward to the next couple of years.
Billy

Exterior Day 1.jpg

LL1 Dark Turquoise.jpg

Welcome from Oregon sweet looking barracuda. What engine does it have? Are you go in g to restore back towards original? Dustin

Hello from the Seattle area,

Today, I finally joined FABO after a few months of anonymous forum research and part-seeking. I can't wait to dig into the community knowledge further!

Just back in September I picked up a complete, but non-running 1967 Barracuda Formula S. It's in a bit of a tired state all around, with a few missing interior panels and some rust in the common places, but is otherwise straight and ready for my first start-to-finish restoration project.

I was also happy to see (under the cheap, peeling red paint) the original LL-1 Dark Turquoise showing through under the hood, around the engine bay, and inside the doors. Hopefully I can find someone with a good match for that and bring it back to its awesome factory color!

I'm looking forward to the next couple of years.
Billy

View attachment 1715631427

View attachment 1715631426
Welcome from NJ Billy! Not sure if this car is the same color, but many turquoise colors look awesome in the bright sunshine!
35E50997-18E4-4E2D-8419-8D2705008F14.jpeg
8B20964B-718F-4203-AD78-CBA5B9EEC42A.jpeg
FF1ED6C1-1247-44EB-ABFF-BB7C04DA21A3.jpeg

Welcome from Oregon sweet looking barracuda. What engine does it have? Are you go in g to restore back towards original? Dustin

Thanks, Dustin. It has the original 273 commando and 3-speed (console shift) in it, but I'm actually planning to replace the 273 with a built 400 that I've had laying around for a few years. Overall it'll be a mix of styles... definitely fitting the restomod category, more than true restoration. I tend to lean toward modern road performance more than original purity or even straight line speed. But at the same time, I'm a sucker for a nicely restored interior. Even I'll have to wait and see how some decisions turn out!

Welcome from NJ Billy! Not sure if this car is the same color, but many turquoise colors look awesome in the bright sunshine!

That does look nice! From the little bit of research I've done (and looking at my own car), I would guess that's the '67 KK-1 light turquoise, or the LL-1 dark from '68 or later. I've heard the LL-1 shade varies quite a bit year to year, and mine definitely looks darker than that with light on it. Thanks for the reference photos, though... That's a really clean notchback!

Welcome to FABO!!

Thats going to be a fun build and awesome when finished.

Wow nice find. Grilles look great. Very hard to find them not beat up. I'd recommend storing those carefully boxed up while you restore it.

Welcome from AZ. Nice piece to start with, mine is a 65 Formula S. Happy restoring and welcome to the money pit.

-
Back