New member from South Africa!

-

Ters

Mopar infected...
Reaction score
Proud owner of what you guys may know as a Demon/Duster....called a Valiant Charger here in SA. 1973 Model fitted with slant, 904 box.

I am no stranger to the Mopar banner, own a '67 Monaco too...although the Demon is my first A-Body. I will be asking lots of silly questions, with spelling/grammar mistakes included...:eek:ops:

Ters.

Attachments

• IMG-20150917-WA0018.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG-20150917-WA0033.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG-20150908-WA0011.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 200
Welcome to FABO. Nice car! Love the right hand drive. toolmanmike

Feel at home already!:notworth: She does need some TLC....brakes and interior among others. Some more pics.

Ters.

Attachments

• IMG-20150919-WA0003.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG-20150919-WA0005.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG-20150919-WA0001.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 166
Interior is fair...bar the dashboard which was butchered by previous owners. All will be sorted and changed back to original. We have a huge following of A/C-bodies in SA, although guys tend to hold on to their spare parts.... Some more pics.

Ters.

Attachments

• IMG-20150908-WA0004.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG-20150908-WA0011.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG-20150917-WA0032.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 145
If allowed...pics of my Monaco...

Ters.

Attachments

• 20150419_114406.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 20150221_121000.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 20150419_114457.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 150
Welcome!

I'm usually not a fan of modern wheels on these cars but thos rims make the car look really mean!

I suppose the cars live pretty well in your climate? I've been to Jo-burg and the high altidute and dry weather should be perfect. No?

Welcome to FABO!!!

Keep the pictures coming... Even non a-bodies are cool here....

Welcome!

I'm usually not a fan of modern wheels on these cars but thos rims make the car look really mean!

I suppose the cars live pretty well in your climate? I've been to Jo-burg and the high altidute and dry weather should be perfect. No?

How common are US cars over there?

Thank you for the kind words gentlemen!:thumblef:

US vehicles are very popular in SA! We have strict import legislation implemented though....near impossible to bring in vehicles younger than '65, specially left-hand-drive. Most classics are rhd, assembled on our shores in the 40/50/60's. Mopars were done in Cape Province initially. Interesting read here: http://www.allpar.com/world/south-africa.html

Inland South Africa has ideal climate for classic cars yes. Coastal regions not so...even plastic rots! Lol! We have no salt on our roads deposited during winter, which is you guys major cause of rust?

Ters.

ps. Anyone notice my pet tortoise in the one pic? Actually have two...Africa!:D

Thank you for the kind words gentlemen!:thumblef:

ps. Anyone notice my pet tortoise in the one pic? Actually have two...Africa!:D

I do now that you mention it...

How old is it. I hear that they live a long time...

Does he come when you call, like a dog? Or just wander around on his own free will. How do you keep him from "running" away?

I do now that you mention it...

How old is it. I hear that they live a long time...

Does he come when you call, like a dog? Or just wander around on his own free will. How do you keep him from "running" away?

Maybe me calling it a "pet" was over exaggerated sir.... They do unfortunately not respond to us calling them. They roam free in our fenced garden, gauging age is a tough one. True that they do reach high ages...even more so in captivity. One is named Chevy, the other Ford....obviously!:jocolor:

Colder nights they seek shelter under the warmth of our cars engines...with great embarrassment in the mornings when you try to drive out! During winter the burrow themselves in shrubbery for up to 3 months. My dogs nor cats bother them at all.

Ters.

Most parts of Sweden use a lot of road salt which has consumed many an old car through the years. Modern cars sold here have galvanized sheet metal so they last longer.

In the north of Sweden the climate is dryer and colder and they don't bother with salt in the winter so there cars can be absolutely rust-free even after 20-30 years.

Great sharing the passion for A-bodies with different countries and cultures!:cheers:

Ters.

Heck yeah!!

I never would have thought that there would be Mopars there.

It's great to see them in different countries and how they were different, like the Mexican mopars are sometimes morphed from a front end of one model and the rear of another one...

The Mexican and Austrailian ones had some interesting versions and power trains...

Yours is the first one that I heard of in Africa - that's cool.

-
Back