New Mid-engine Corvette

-
A base model (which is still well loaded) isn't much more than a loaded Challenger RT and cheaper than a Hellcat. I know it may seem like blasphemy on a Mopar forum, but I would much rather have a New C8 Corvette than a Hellcat. I'd go and order one now if I could talk my wife into it. I've had three Corvettes (65, 66 and 95), and I loved them all.

Not a big fan of the match box type styling. GM made another mid engine car years ago. Heard they were nasty to work on. Didn't do well.

Saw a red Viper in a parking lot a year ago. Knocked my socks off from 100 feet away. Had to see it up close. Nice ride. Saw a black Cadillac 2 seat roadster. Low and wide. Nice also. Certain cars maintain there pizzaz over the years, like the XKE Jaguar.

The new Vette doesn't do it for me.

Oh the fiery Fiero, I remember that one well.

This car is light years ahead of that thing. The only thing is it looks like a super car (euro). Which is great for them, but for a Corvette, I don't know. I really like it, but it sure doesn't look like an American car, which may be good or bad. Amazing engineering.

Last edited:
$60K? There was a new 2019 ( or 2020?) at one of our last cruz nights...a lot of carbon fibre.
He said it cost $170K, but that's up here in Ontario?

Wait 6 months and buy a 2 yr old Vette.
That price point will KILL the used Vette values !

Already has. Got a smoking good deal on this 7k mile 3LT 2017 for the wife.
thumbnail_IMG_1566.jpg

Not a fan. Has an *** like a Kardashian. Scoops are big, and ugly. The black roof with an orange body looks like a pumpkin. Wait til you have to fix it. You'll be in Ferrari territory. I think the last 2 vettes looked great. The tech is impressive though. Comparing to a Challenger is apples to oranges. The Vette is a sports car. Challenger is a muscle car.

2 different cars... not really meant to compete against each other.
Like said :

Challenger = Muscle
Vette = Sports car

Never been a fan of vettes and likely never will be but that is not a bad looking car and it has two letters that will make it an interesting platform for a race car...LS. I’m curious what a mid engine 1000+ hp car will do at the drag strip.

Never been a fan of vettes and likely never will be but that is not a bad looking car and it has two letters that will make it an interesting platform for a race car...LS. I’m curious what a mid engine 1000+ hp car will do at the drag strip.
Think the race cars will be flat 8s as well as the ZR1 when they come out.

At the beginning of this summer I was at a weekly evening cruise and that the local mustang club puts on. Generally three-quarters Mustangs and Fords but open to all at a local pizza place.. anyways to my amazement this brand new red Demon comes in and parks.. well I quickly make my way over but not to rushfully to jump up on the guy or anything but I was able to strike up a conversation.. he goes on to say how he's been saving for six to eight years for the new mid-engine Corvette but they keep saying it's going to come out but never does so he finally made the leap and got the demon.. I wonder if there'll be a demon for sale locally soon...

Ah, look at the Tesla Roadster. The sport/strip car to keep out of any competative conversation, cause you know you'd lose. Unless you can post an 8.8 or lower quarter and that's (supposedly) stock! Imagine what one could do with a 'track option' of higher gearing or whatever an electric motor needs to accelerate a body quicker at the expense of top speed. I dont think you need a 250 mph top end to be competative in drag racing 'street' cars. Id like that mid engine vette a little more if it has the roundness of the 70's bodies. Looks too 'Transformer' like with all its angles. My workmate had an LS1 in a Corvair. That car was epic.

-
Back