New Mopar guy from SW Pa.

-
Ruger,
Cool to see another A Body in the area. I'm about a mile or two from you. God willing, I might actually get a chance to show up at the Hills cruise this weekend. I'll have to look for you.

Ruger,
Cool to see another A Body in the area. I'm about a mile or two from you. God willing, I might actually get a chance to show up at the Hills cruise this weekend. I'll have to look for you.

Hey there Dan... I imagine you saw on the previous page that we have a fellow member coming up to visit family and will be checking out Hills on the 21st... so weather permitting, I am gonna be there that weekend as well.. hoping maybe to gather a few of us FABO members, thought it would be cool for us to try and hook up.... just throwing it out there. :toothy8:

Bill, I saw 340 DP was in the area that weekend. I think I will get the weekend off from my daughter's travel softball that weekend. It would be great to meet more FABO friends.
Ruger, you gotta get there pretty early to get a good spot. Bill seems to get the "good spot".

WElcome!!! I'm from Plum so not that far away!!!!!!

Where is this "Hills" cruise younzes are talking about? I may have to run out there, even if it is in my golf-balish Fusion!!!(Hail damage from 4th of July)

FF

Bill, I saw 340 DP was in the area that weekend. I think I will get the weekend off from my daughter's travel softball that weekend. It would be great to meet more FABO friends.
Ruger, you gotta get there pretty early to get a good spot. Bill seems to get the "good spot".

My ability to get the good spot was due to me showing up at like 4:30 in the afternoon LOL .. Excela Health put a stop to that now that they own almost that whole strip LOL .. they dont want us showing up til after 5:30-6... Some people still show up early though... either way I am sure we can get something coordinated..

Fstforward, "Norwin Hills shopping center is a stones throw (literally) from the Irwin interchange of the T'pike. Rt.30 east by Teddy's resturant if you know where that is. It brings in 300+ cars a weekend.

Bill, another buddy "stakes out" the lot about 4:30-5:00 too.

Ruger, a buddy of mine has a complete slant 6 driveline from his '68 Dart he's dying to get rid of if you ever need it. They seem to go forever though so you should be OK.

Right near Indian Lake? We are very close.. I live near there myself.. closer to K-vays resteraunt

Oh okay. Your right down the street! Thats cool!

Ruger,

I won't be there this Saturday, unless I get my wife's suv fixed. I have to do some stuff to it. I will be there the following one on the 21st for sure.

Welcome aboard Ruger64! I am in Pittsburgh, not too far from you and the other guys. I keep saying I need to hit that Irwin cruise on a Saturday. I will have to bring my Scamp out and meet you guys!

Welcome aboard Ruger64! I am in Pittsburgh, not too far from you and the other guys. I keep saying I need to hit that Irwin cruise on a Saturday. I will have to bring my Scamp out and meet you guys!

well we seem to be gearing up for a FABO gathering on the 21st... weather permitting of course.. hope you can get out this way that night..

I'll will be there for sure. I even got my custom wheels on today!...:D

What time does that start??

I'll will be there for sure. I even got my custom wheels on today!...:D

What time does that start??

After 5:30... Excela Health would like it if people would wait til then or after to show up

After 5:30... Excela Health would like it if people would wait til then or after to show up

Thanks, I wasn't sure. I will wait till 5:31pm....hehehehe

Cool! That's what I really wanted, a 4 [more] door Valiant, Dart, etc... must be an mid 40's thing?

I had a '71 Swinger in the early 80's, a '78 Volare wagon in the 90's and a '78 Super Coupe a dozen or so years ago that I bought in my old stomping grounds ~ south eastern, PA. The SC was too rusty for me to really consider restoring but I told the girl that owned it if she ever sold it................. Well, a few years after moving to SC is when she called and I went up, paid her and drove it to SC. After some serious consideration I sold it for 3 X what I paid for it..........

There was a 4 speed, T-Top '77 Road Runner here that I nearly bought 7-8 years ago but again, too rusty [and too much $]. The beach rust here can be worse than PA's salt rust.

So, for now.......... a '73 Duster will work :)

Sorry to ramble on! Have fun at the cruise in.

COOL car!

Thanks! I really like this car. I need to take new photos after the weekend. I added custom wheels, different tires, and will be painting the fenders this week.
Yes. I am winding down now in my late 40's. i really like this car though. I just need to figure out the radio. I don't know where to put it. i don't want to remove the factory one, and my Sony doesn't fit in my glovebox...ugh!!

So fellas, are we set to meet at the Irwin car cruise Saturday? The weather is supposed to be nice. I'll be there, and I hope to meet you guys!
- Harry

So fellas, are we set to meet at the Irwin car cruise Saturday? The weather is supposed to be nice. I'll be there, and I hope to meet you guys!
- Harry

I will be there. Mine is not a show car, and I have been working on it. But I will be there!!! My car will look better after winter is over. :D

Thats still my plan.. I will be there at 5:30

Sounds like a plan to me!

I plan on being there. I hope to be there around 5:30 so I don't have to park in "No Man's Land" like last time.

I plan on being there. I hope to be there around 5:30 so I don't have to park in "No Man's Land" like last time.

'no mans land' lol.. look at the bright side, at least there were other show cars in that row.. lol.. I have seen it get to the point where the show cars are mixed in with the general publics cars

Maybe we can park our cars together?

Ruger64, No need to have a "show car". Show it and be proud. I look forward to checking out your ride.

Ruger64, No need to have a "show car". Show it and be proud. I look forward to checking out your ride.

x2!! I took the buggy to Hills for years as a complete work in progress.. see the first page of my build thread, I have a pic of it there... 3 colors and all LOL ... I love works in progress.. as for us all parking together, that would depend on us all getting there at the same time, or very close to it.. We can probably all be generally located. And saving spots doesnt usually work out too good. lol

'no mans land' lol.. look at the bright side, at least there were other show cars in that row.. lol.. I have seen it get to the point where the show cars are mixed in with the general publics cars

Hey, I did notice that before. They do get mixed in!

I like my car, just needs some stuff done. I need to put my stereo in, so I have music. I need to make some nice neat cuts on the dash tomorrow.

-
Back