New Mopar guy from SW Pa.

-
Welcome and very cool ride. Like the others said, that 4-door has SLEEPER written all over it.

Thanks very much. I need to update pics. I painted the front fenders, and changed the wheels, and picked the *** end up a bit, to level it out. I really like this car, and forum!!

Aren't you guys going? It looks cloudy but it's not supposed to rain. I really like the cooler temps!!!

I just pulled mine out of the garage to clean up. Needs a little detailing. Not perfect convertible weather but we'll see what happens.

You Guys are making me home sick. I lived in Rilton long ago,Then in Irwin before moving out west.Was back there in May and stopped at the "Hills" cruise.Nothing wrong with 4 doors,both of my Mopes have two doors too many !!There is a guy from Irwin that drag races a Slant 6, 4 door Valiant that runs low 12's...

Small world Darter6. I actually live on the outskirts of Irwin and another member lives in Rilton. I just use Pittsburgh for my location so that people get a general idea of where I'm from. I think I know the guy with the fast /6. Is it two tone brown?

That's Greg, he's on slant6.org. "Ruster" is the 4 door /6 race car he has.

Well, tonight was not meant to be for me....I was cruising on my way to pick up a buddy and I was coming down a hill on Rt. 22 and hit the brakes
"POP" goes my new rear brake hose (the one that goes to the T on the rear end). It was against my exhaust......:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Drove back home CAREFULLY. Only front brakes.......

It was nice meeting some members from FABO and other Mopar fans. Otherwise, the cruise was kinda on the small side. I would say about 1/3 of a normal Saturday. I think the threat of rain kept many away. Maybe next time.

That's Greg, he's on slant6.org. "Ruster" is the 4 door /6 race car he has.

Well, tonight was not meant to be for me....I was cruising on my way to pick up a buddy and I was coming down a hill on Rt. 22 and hit the brakes
"POP" goes my new rear brake hose (the one that goes to the T on the rear end). It was against my exhaust......:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Drove back home CAREFULLY. Only front brakes.......

wow that sucks.. was looking for ya while we were there.. glad you and the car are home safe and sound.. im gonna guess brake fluid on the exhaust wasnt a pleasant smell.. Hope to meet ya next time..

It was nice meeting some members from FABO and other Mopar fans. Otherwise, the cruise was kinda on the small side. I would say about 1/3 of a normal Saturday. I think the threat of rain kept many away. Maybe next time.

I too had a great time.. thanks for hanging with us Dan.. I think it was the threat of rain and the fact that Crabtree's fireworks were tonight as well.. zillions of people turn out for that.. my wife and I went last year, it was an absolute zoo... lol

It's a plan; meet @ the Norwin Hills Shopping Center on Saturday, July 21st.
My Bride and I are flying up and getting a rental car, so unless I rent a Challenger I won't be bringing a Mopar.
I will be bringing/wearing an A Bodies Only t-shirt, however, to identify myself.
Here's the show link:

http://eventpictures-ivil.tripod.com/id2.html

John, it was a pleasure meeting you, your wife, and parents at the show tonight. Had a blast talking with your wife. Hope our paths cross again, maybe if we're lucky both of our B5 blue/black top Darts can line up side by side.. Safe travels back home.. Post up that pic your wife took when you get a chance..

Just wanted to post a couple pics from the car show... The weather was nice and cool, but it was totally cloudy and overcast.. kept looking like rain the whole time.. So I only took a few pics, I didnt really walk around all that much, we pretty much just hung out in a group... It was a fun time though..My stepdaughter Savanna rode with me again (she rides with me as much as possible) and we had a nice evening... Its always nice to meet new members.. Met John (340_Dart_Power) and his wife, mom, and dad.. they are really cool, also met Tony (Ruger64) he and his family were really cool and fun to talk with as well.. So, in order, my Dart... Dan's (PA Dodger) 69 Dart vert, Tony's (Ruger64) 69 Valiant, Jim's (Demon317) SuperBee, also my buddy Al's Duster which he just finished last month...enjoy

Attachments

• fabogang8.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 148
  • fabogang5.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 160
  • fabogang6.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 159
  • fabogang2.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 139
  • fabogang4.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 143
Thanks for the pictures,Maybe I'll get to meet up with you (yunz) guys next summer.Hope to have our 65 Hemi Belvedere done by that time. I had my 63 Valiant there this summer but sold it to a guy from New Eagle while at Mineral Beach. Lots of good Mopars and people that drive them.

Great meeting you and nice car!! The threat of rain did not help at all. I will be there next Saturday. Weather pending. I am sure if it is nice, the lot will be full. It was the week prior. Hope your there!

Just wanted to post a couple pics from the car show... The weather was nice and cool, but it was totally cloudy and overcast.. kept looking like rain the whole time.. So I only took a few pics, I didnt really walk around all that much, we pretty much just hung out in a group... It was a fun time though..My stepdaughter Savanna rode with me again (she rides with me as much as possible) and we had a nice evening... Its always nice to meet new members.. Met John (340_Dart_Power) and his wife, mom, and dad.. they are really cool, also met Tony (Ruger64) he and his family were really cool and fun to talk with as well.. So, in order, my Dart... Dan's (PA Dodger) 69 Dart vert, Tony's (Ruger64) 69 Valiant, Jim's (Demon317) SuperBee, also my buddy Al's Duster which he just finished last month...enjoy

Great meeting you. Really enjoyed our conversation, and checking out your cruiser. Nice ride you have. I am bringing my chairs this week coming, so I can relax. Hope your there!

Great meeting you. Really enjoyed our conversation, and checking out your cruiser. Nice ride you have. I am bringing my chairs this week coming, so I can relax. Hope your there!

I have a family reunion to go to this coming weekend, so I am not sure if I will be able to make it or not, but I will try

hi ther welcome.im new too.like right now new.but,man, i love this body style,tailights look bad a...strong lookin car.body.ect..very nice.ride.dont worry about people.it s you drivin it.and those valiants drive smooth.wow.run forever..later.

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 1st Drag Race in Pits 3 QTR of Both Cars.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 147
John, it was a pleasure meeting you, your wife, and parents at the show tonight. Had a blast talking with your wife. Hope our paths cross again, maybe if we're lucky both of our B5 blue/black top Darts can line up side by side.. Safe travels back home.. Post up that pic your wife took when you get a chance..

Hey, Bill; finally got home around midnight last night from our visit up in SW PA. and now have time to post these.
Likewise, Sir; enjoyed meeting you and our other fellow A-Body'ers @ the Cruise-In. Here are a couple photos we took, including the one of you and I next to your Dart. The top one I took for our younger daughter, who despite my influence really likes the 1970 Nova. Go figure.
If I can do what I want to my Dart GT, I'd love to get it up to Carlisle some year, or even to your/my former area. It'd be pretty cool driving around my old hometown in my current Dart to places I used to drive the old one we had when I was in high school.

Attachments

• IMG-20120721-00081.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG-20120721-00082.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG-20120721-00083.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 110
I'm in West Newton. Welcome aboard! Got the two Barracudas and a 66 Signet hardtop. Nothing ready for the Norwin cruise yet. Just mailed a check to New Mexico for a 66 Signet convertible and a 2 door post parts car. Hope to have them back in PA by the end of August. Plan to drive the vert while I finish the Black fish and repaint the Signet, then some body work and paint for the vert and finally the Green fish. Will be looking for you at Norwin Hills. May bring my 95 BMW M3 to the cruise next Sat. if it doesn't sell this week.

Hey, Bill; finally got home around midnight last night from our visit up in SW PA. and now have time to post these.
Likewise, Sir; enjoyed meeting you and our other fellow A-Body'ers @ the Cruise-In. Here are a couple photos we took, including the one of you and I next to your Dart. The top one I took for our younger daughter, who despite my influence really likes the 1970 Nova. Go figure.
If I can do what I want to my Dart GT, I'd love to get it up to Carlisle some year, or even to your/my former area. It'd be pretty cool driving around my old hometown in my current Dart to places I used to drive the old one we had when I was in high school.

So.. You didnt buy her the Nova in the pic then?? LMAO .. It was real cool getting to talk to you in person, and if you ever do get your Dart up here for Carlisle or back in your old stomping grounds, you let me know.. I'll cruise with ya.. Thanks for posting the pic..

-
Back