New Product for a new Month...

-

CNC-Dude

Reaction score
I try to design and create several new items each month. Since this is a new month, and May starts with "M", I only thought this was appropriate. How 'bout a Holley jet holder! This is just a prototype to see how it looked. The others will be on 3" OD round stock.

JET HOLDER.JPG

Hard anodize it so the threads won't get worn out. Powder doesn't sound like a great idea... you'll have to mask off all the holes, and like paint, it can chip off. You wouldn't want any of that stuff inside your carb.

I'm leaning more towards anodizing. Maybe something close to Chrysler Orange if they can make it look good.

Hard anodize it so the threads won't get worn out. Powder doesn't sound like a great idea... you'll have to mask off all the holes, and like paint, it can chip off. You wouldn't want any of that stuff inside your carb.

Reputable coaters use these cool things called High Temp Silicone Plugs that keep powder out of threaded holes. Chipping is rare if the job is done right (it is typically attributed to under- or over-curing, oils or other contaminants left on the substrate under the powder, or using a powder with a low tensile resistance on an improper application).

Anodizing fades over time and scratches easily ... as we all know from our factory trim parts.

What about using a chunk of delrin?

I'd use black delrin if I were going to use it. It cost more than aluminum in the same diameter though.

CudaChick, I guess you have never seen hard anodizing or hardcoat? Also known as Type III anodizing. The military uses it a lot on aluminum parts so they don't wear out.

CudaChick, I guess you have never seen hard anodizing or hardcoat? Also known as Type III anodizing. The military uses it a lot on aluminum parts so they don't wear out.
Yes, its hard stuff! Something sorta like this.
5upqhx.jpg

Last edited:
Nice idea.
I would do blue, like the Mopar M emblem. I wouldn't worry about the anodizing wearing out of the threads, so what? Blue acetel or Delrin would work nice if you can find it that big.

Are you going to make and sell them? I'd be interested if you're selling. Don't want it orange though. I'd rather it be black. If not, just leave mine uncoated.
Yellow rose, I have material ordered, so as soon as it comes in I can look at quantities to get quotes on snoozing. I'll add you to the list.
Thanks

If you are going to sell them you need to start a sale thread to take orders. Thanks

Nice idea.
I would do blue, like the Mopar M emblem. I wouldn't worry about the anodizing wearing out of the threads, so what? Blue acetel or Delrin would work nice if you can find it that big.
Thanks for interest gzig5, I like the idea of blue acetal and will hunt for some.

-
Back